• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I think I see a Bouwmeester jersey showing up at my pick-up game this fall. I still remember watching him at a Team Canada practice like 15 years ago..he was just a kid. Finally a Cup for him.. Awesome. Pronger, Hull, Tkachuk are in the building as well.

James

Out There
Instructor
Nice result! Would rather have had 3-0, but it easily could have been 3-3 in the third.
Boston fans are classy booing the Stanley Cup.
Might the Conn Smythe trophy be the ugliest trophy?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Blues win 3 of 4 in Boston's barn and lose 2 of 3 in their own. Myth of home ice advantage busted!

James

Out There
Instructor
Blues win 3 of 4 in Boston's barn and lose 2 of 3 in their own. Myth of home ice advantage busted!

This from 2017:
IMG_6547.jpg

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-home-playoff-game-is-a-big-advantage-unless-you-play-hockey/

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
[QUOTE="James, post: 365935,
Boston fans are classy booing the Stanley Cup.

don't think they were booing the cup , just that weasel presenting it , it's the same in most hockey towns .

so it's official ,the Leafs still hold the record for the longest time since making the finals and now further ahead of the competition in longest time since winning.

Vancouver and Buffalo are not much better but at least weve been to the finals

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah that guy was certainly an idiot. He's in Boston after they just lost, on the ice, talking about how great the St Louis fans are. Maybe not the moment to do that.

Maybe Canada will drop a hockey team now and replace it with a basketball team?

Last edited:

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
What I like about the Bruins...

Every member of the team is an ambassador to the sport.

No enforcers, no sneaks. Well, You must look past the " ball of hate" ;-)

He has cut back on his "undercutting", but still draws box time for nicking the goalie....from time to time.

Notice the slew foot got a call on BM, but not on in game 5? Those refs, just one game behind... ;-)
Yeah, great ambassadors, especially Chara.... when he's not ramming your star player's head into a stantion . :rolleyes:

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Slew footed how many opponents?? There is no excuse for any player that has done that so many times to even be on the ice.
Shame on the NHL who claims to be 'watching' for these things. :doh: :nono:
It's so blatant it remands me of Gordie Howe. And that is a very low bar!

scott43

Skier
So Jake Gardiner has decided to play in Carolina. @crgildart, you'll love how he skates and handles the puck..looks so effortless and graceful. But man he makes some poor decisions. I hope you get some good games out of him, loved watching him..except the gaffes...

Now we have to sign Mitch Marner..

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Looking in on the upcoming season, I'm reminded yet again that their season is just too damn long. How about this instead?
End of October, preseason starts, Season opener in first week of November, and Playoffs start mid March.
Six months is just too much.

And a 'Winter Classic' in Dallas? Really :doh:
Now the Heritage Classic is back and in Saskatchewan...That's how you do it!

scott43

Skier
Soooo......we're having a Captain controversy here in Taranna..will it be $10.8M Mitch Marner? $11M Johnny T?? Or $11.5M Auston Matthews.. Hmmmm.. So turns out Auston felt the need to drop his drawers and moon a security guard in Arizona a while back... No captain for him I don't think.. Learning opportunity?? He's 22...

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
And the new season begins.

And I got too busy at work to watch the day game on Friday. Hoping the Hawks have a better year.

scott43

Skier
So JT is captain...controversy over..notwithstanding the cheek-grab issue...

And apparently there are NHL players who don't know it's a penalty to throw your stick... :huh: I'm looking at you Kasperi!!!! :roflmao:

Sponsor