• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Went to the Canes vs Sharks game tonight. Mrazak got knocked on his ass by Thorton but got back up and won the shootout for us.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Throat punch FTW... Don't mess with Joe...you don't jump on Superman's cape..you don't spit into the wind..you don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Joe... Pride of St Thomas Ontario..:ogbiggrin:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've got 31 degrees and snow on the ground.
Would you skate on a pond right now where you live? That's the difference between hockey land and non hockey land... and that latitude where winter pond hockey is usually playable is changing.

Nashville's killing the Stars right now LOL

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Would you skate on a pond right now where you live? That's the difference between hockey land and non hockey land... and that latitude where winter pond hockey is usually playable is changing.

Nashville's killing the Stars right now LOL

Well I'm pretty sure it does not include Dallas!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Funny, I just remembered I was actually IN the CottonBowl stadium like 25 years ago, maybe exactly 25 years ago. My cousin was playing center for USC against Texas Tech. It was freaking COLD there that day too.

scott43

Skier
I'm personally a little done with the whole outdoor classic games..however..they do happen..and I have to say, Texas has a legit hockey system these days and is producing some good players..so as long as the ice crew can actually make decent ice, I say might as well be there as anywhere..they have good fans..

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I'm personally a little done with the whole outdoor classic games..however..they do happen..and I have to say, Texas has a legit hockey system these days and is producing some good players..so as long as the ice crew can actually make decent ice, I say might as well be there as anywhere..they have good fans..

85,000 fans today. Someone likes the outdoor classics. I liked the uniforms both teams wore.

And the "home team" won! What could be better? ':))

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
85,000 fans today. Someone likes the outdoor classics. I liked the uniforms both teams wore.

And the "home team" won! What could be better? ':)
Came back from two goals down. Bishop shut the door in periods 2 and 3 and the Stars power play took care of the rest.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Now that the Steelers are done, time to focus on hockey. By that, I mean the Pens. The flightless birds have had a bunch of injuries this season. Geno was out for a few weeks earlier in the season. Crosby has been out since November following surgery to fix a sports hernia (is it different than a non-sports hernia?). Jake Guentzel is out 4 to 6 months. After scoring his 20th goal of the season and career 200th he went hard into the boards. Jake is their top goal scorer. They had a bunch more injuries too numerous to list. Tristan Jarry has replaced Murray in net as the #1 goalie. Unlike the Steelers, the Pens have been on hot steak in December and are in 3rd place in the Metro Division, 7 points behind 1st place Caps, 1 behind the Islanders and 1 ahead of @crgildart's Canes. Let's Go Pens!

scott43

Skier

And the "home team" won! What could be better? ':)
Yeah, the home team does because they sell 85,000 tickets instead of 18,000 tickets..for a crappy venue where you sit 100 miles from the actual playing surface.. :ogcool: It was a novelty..now it's kinda worn thin for me..about as thin as that ice in Dallas I bet... :ogbiggrin:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The year we wore Pantners jerseys for our Christmas card photo they went to The Superbowl. The year we wore UNC Tarheel basketball jerseys, took it at a game, they won the national championship. This year we took the photos at a Hurricanes game wearing our Hurricanes jerseys. It's inevitable that we take the conference and win The Cup. Everyone else might as well just give up now!

Last edited:

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Yeah, the home team does because they sell 85,000 tickets instead of 18,000 tickets..for a crappy venue where you sit 100 miles from the actual playing surface.. :ogcool: It was a novelty..now it's kinda worn thin for me..about as thin as that ice in Dallas I bet... :ogbiggrin:

Nobody cares that you were not there.

You had to be there ;-)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Canes VS Islanders tonight. Hamilton's out for the season, that looked awful! Williams is suiting up and will play. We're sitting lower level corner. Heading to the arena soon WOOT WOOT!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Amazing game. Several busloads of Islanders fans made the trip down and filled an entire section. They finally shut the hell up when Justin Williams, first game back after an extended break he sort of called retirement, scored the winning goal in round 8 of the shootout.. right in front of the New Yorkers. Actually, they were pretty well behaved compared to Penguins and Flyers fans.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Guess who's scored
1579527369292.png
times in his last 3 games, plus owns 692 for his career? That ties Steve Yzerman for 9th on the NHL’s all-time goals list. He does it in his 1133rd career game, Yzerman played 1514.