• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
kane.png

In hitting the milestone, Kane became just the fourth player to notch 1,000 career points with the Blackhawks, joining Stan Mikita, Bobby Hull, and Denis Savard in that exclusive group. Kane is also the 90th player in NHL history to reach the milestone and the first since Eric Staal hit the mark earlier this year.

yeah Kaner!

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
May I state (again) how much I hate the current format for the NHL All Star Game? :doh:
Wake me up for the 2nd season...

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So the consensus Bill is that you're absolutely right!! The whole thing is getting fried in the press up here..

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
They've got the hardest shot, fastest skater, etc the day before for 'the kids and League'.
But then lets celebrate the game and play real hockey!!!

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Should be a great night for Avs fans outside in the big stadium. Weather will be perfect! Your guys doing well so far this season and only the Wings having a worse year than the Kings who you'll face off against.
Not liking the ever larger tie in between sports and the military that we are seeing though...

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Seemed to be odd lighting on ice. Lots of shadows I've not noticed in other outdoor games.
Avs started strong but the Kings owned the second and third periods. Avs gave up two power play chances in about five seconds each with penalties of their own. Kings got it done.

Overall atmosphere seemed to be that of a three ringed circus that just happened to have a hockey game. Saddens me to see hockey falling into the same trends as other pro sports.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Exactly how the Pens have been able to stay near the top of their division with all the injuries to top players I'm not sure.
But they have been getting it done. Sid looks like he's close to 100% again, Geno is there, Letang getting big minutes again. Third and fourth lines producing.
They're a different team this season, looking like going deep into the second season!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The outdoor events are all fun and games until it starts pouring down RAIN. Wife expressed interest in going to see the Canes outside next February. I told her let's only pay for tickets we're OK to bail on if it rains that day.

scott43

Skier
And that folks, is the difference between contender and pretender. Leafs absolutely need to start rolling opponents to jump a few spots to get into the playoffs and they're down 4-0 to the Pens. Leafs have 3 of the highest paid players in the league and they can't score a goal. Pens are rolling..injuries don't matter..just get'er'dun... Gonna drive down to Pitt and watch REAL team play... Ugh....

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
And that folks, is the difference between contender and pretender. Leafs absolutely need to start rolling opponents to jump a few spots to get into the playoffs and they're down 4-0 to the Pens. Leafs have 3 of the highest paid players in the league and they can't score a goal. Pens are rolling..injuries don't matter..just get'er'dun... Gonna drive down to Pitt and watch REAL team play... Ugh....

I wouldn’t call it over yet. Pens have let a few teams sneak back up on us this season late in games. Early on in the 2nd Crosby was seeing right through the leafs D though so it may be a tough turn around.

On another note the TB v Avs game last night was probably one of the best games of the season. Seemed like an old school rivalry game getting super chippy & physical ending in an OT win from Tampa. Cale Makar is really coming into his own. A few seasons and maybe a 10-15lb bulk up and he’s on his way to being one of the premiere D men in the game. He plays really smart hockey!

scott43

Skier
And done..5-2. No grit boys..my 20 month old has more grit than these guys.. And just throw-a-prayer-pass-up-the-middle..useless. The Lafs will suffer yet another ignominious playoff miss this year.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Looking forward to Sunday's Pens/Caps game. Separated by just one point now in the top of the Met division. With tan Ovie/Sid meeting there is always some good hockey to enjoy.
High noon showdown!

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Carolina lost both goalies due to injuries in Toronto tonight. 2nd goaltender on a brutal hit that seemed to be completely unintentional . Canes forced to put the emergency goalie from the stands. A zamboni driver!! This could get interesting as leafs were down 3-1 at the time

Looking forward to Sunday's Pens/Caps game. Separated by just one point now in the top of the Met division. With tan Ovie/Sid meeting there is always some good hockey to enjoy.
High noon showdown!
Battle for top of the pack.. both teams sitting at 80 points currently

Sponsor

Staff online