• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How do you answer the question "What's Pugski?"

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I tell them it’s where I hang out, look it up on the web. Most people have smartphones with them.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A small Polish dog...
Then after the blank stare I try and explain it's a forum for skiers. The blank stare doesn't change...

It’s funny, I’ve suggest pugski to my skiing friends. Some just give me a blank look and some have checked it out but none stuck on. To use an old Washington Post ad line, “If you don’t get it then you don’t get it”. I think that sums things up here.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
It's an internet interest group. A text based information sharing forum. (no touching!)

A place to make potential friends of like mind, on chance that positive associations work out "in real life".

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Pugski.com is the leader in skiing reviews, news, and discussion. Our reviews are interactive, allowing consumers, retailers, and manufacturers to discuss gear with our testers. Our forums include a wide range of skiing topics and even biking discussion, particularly in the off-season.

Or some version of this, is what I use.

To my patroller friends, "It's how you get to demo some of my skis. Sign up and donate. :)" Some have.

James

Out There
Instructor
Even in 2019, the phrase "Internet Friends" brings up odd things
to a lot of people.

"Just a few internet friends..."

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Someone asks "what's pugski"? Hand them a sticker.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My wife and kids refer to you as my "imaginary friends".

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Someone asks "what's pugski"? Hand them a sticker.
You must be out of stickers by now..we can send more.

There are some great reponses here. I will say "What's Pugski?" is a conversation starter. My simple response is..."It's an online site for ski news, gear reviews and everything skiing, here is a sticker, you should check it out..."

Sponsor

Staff online