• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How do you answer the question "What's Pugski?"

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did someone say:

:useless:

C3D0CDJUEAAbvYy.jpg:large

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
When friends ask I tell them it is an on-line community focusing all things skiing with a little side bar of social activities. Those that are tech wise that know about on-line communities understand. Those that are not tech wise it takes a little more explanation.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is an interesting topic for me for many reasons.
When Pugski launched, we thought about the name "Pugski" and wondered if it was too focused on our last name Pugliese, or Philpug, but it was thought of by a member on epic during the staffing changes thread and within two days the URL was purchased for us and it moved quickly to become what you're enjoying today.

A few years ago we consulted someone about it and asked if it was an issue because people asked "what's Pugski?" on a regular basis and the response was, "That is exactly what you want. You want people to ask 'What's Pugski?' because that is your opener"

So, my response is, "Pugski.com is a forum based ski review website with industry news and active engagement with its members"

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
A couple of weeks ago I was telling folks on a windy chair ride about PugSki and they were really curious what kind of site this was.
Turns out they had heard it as "Thug Ski". :roflmao:

That's right. Only OGs allowed :P

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
This is an interesting topic for me for many reasons.
When Pugski launched, we thought about the name "Pugski" and wondered if it was too focused on our last name Pugliese, or Philpug, but it was thought of by a member on epic during the staffing changes thread and within two days the URL was purchased for us and it moved quickly to become what you're enjoying today.

A few years ago we consulted someone about it and asked if it was an issue because people asked "what's Pugski?" on a regular basis and the response was, "That is exactly what you want. You want people to ask 'What's Pugski?' because that is your opener"

So, my response is, "Pugski.com is a forum based ski review website with industry news and active engagement with its members"
After epic I didn't join anything for quite a while because I couldn't find anything other than TG and I just don't like that site. When I searched I'd find Pugski but moved on and kept searching based on the name. Not trying to be negative but only one of my friends are here and she's not on often. When I mention it to my other friends they don't get it. Just sayin...

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just say..."I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya"

And then first thing they naturally do is go home and google it. So it works very well.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
A while back someone asked if it was a Polish website. I said that "I think Phil Pug is an Italian and I am not sure about @Tricia" but it is all about skiing.

TS
Johnny V.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After epic I didn't join anything for quite a while

Boy, I thought it was very apparent to most Epic regulars that Phil and Tricia were starting their own site after they "left to pursue other opportunities". I think I joined about a week after launch.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A while back someone asked if it was a Polish website. I said that "I think Phil Pug is an Italian and I am not sure about @Tricia" but it is all about skiing.
I'm mostly Swedish.
:D

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Boy, I thought it was very apparent to most Epic regulars that Phil and Tricia were starting their own site after they "left to pursue other opportunities". I think I joined about a week after launch.
You're member 101.
That's pretty early in membership numbers. Thanks for being here.
After epic I didn't join anything for quite a while because I couldn't find anything other than TG and I just don't like that site. When I searched I'd find Pugski but moved on and kept searching based on the name. Not trying to be negative but only one of my friends are here and she's not on often. When I mention it to my other friends they don't get it. Just sayin...
Well, I'm glad you found us and are enjoying it.
Member # 2305