• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How do you answer the question "What's Pugski?"

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Easier to explain to my wife than ”wetpixel” ... (forum for underwater photography).

An online forum for ski schmucks.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
TBH, I don't offer up that I'm on Pugski. I might say I'm on a ski forum. I rarely offered up that I was on Epic, either. I did put Epic stickers on my skis, but don't like the Pugski logo colors or the name, so no stickers.

But then you probably guessed that. I also cut back on skiing with visiting forum members substantially. In fact, if you haven't already skied with me, it's highly unlikely that will change. (See @Fuller).

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
On the flip side...I was at Squaw today and someone shouted out to me....

Him: "Hey Pugski!!!!"
Me: Yeah?
Him: Do you know Tricia?
Me: Yeah...I know her.
Him: Cool.
Me: Yeah, cool.

And we both skied off.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
When there’s a gathering in town it seems like lots of people want to know “what’s Pugski?” we do make an impression. I usually explain it’s like a ski club only internet based, we have a really active forum, equipment and ski reviews from unbiased testers, our members are from all over the country (world). I am here with sixty or more of my friends to ski you should check this out.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
On the flip side...I was at Squaw today and someone shouted out to me....

Him: "Hey Pugski!!!!"
Me: Yeah?
Him: Do you know Tricia?
Me: Yeah...I know her.
Him: Cool.
Me: Yeah, cool.

And we both skied off.
As they say "behind every successful man is his wife" and we all appreciate @Tricia and her contribution to PUGSKI.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've had someone ask if I owned pugs, the dogs. Other people think it's some Polish thing.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
TBH, I don't offer up that I'm on Pugski. I might say I'm on a ski forum. I rarely offered up that I was on Epic, either. I did put Epic stickers on my skis, but don't like the Pugski logo colors or the name, so no stickers.

But then you probably guessed that. I also cut back on skiing with visiting forum members substantially. In fact, if you haven't already skied with me, it's highly unlikely that will change. (See @Fuller).
I am glad that my wife and I got to ski with you.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A couple of weeks ago I was telling folks on a windy chair ride about PugSki and they were really curious what kind of site this was.
Turns out they had heard it as "Thug Ski". :roflmao:

That's right. Only OGs allowed :P
Notorious P.U.G.

26024026_10155759917896138_2929430321900381941_o.jpg

Last edited:

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Tony S 's post about Pugski.com sighting got me wondering............How do you respond when other skiers or other people in general ask "What's Pugski.com" when they see a sticker or logowear? As the season winds down this could be a fun topic!
I tell them I used to be on a site called Epic Ski. When it shut down many migrated to Pugski.com that is a site for all things ski related and now bikes as well. There are ski area forums and gear reviews. There is also a used ski equipment forum and now a biking forum. I tell them I especially like the cage match comparison reviews that review equipment vs other equipment such as ski, boots, bindings. I also say that the members often have get togethers etc and that they should take a look at it. And that for me it is a very enjoyable and informative site.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Despite my conspicuous display of the many stickers I was so generously provided, it’s never come up. People don’t tend to talk to me; I guess I’m scarier-looking than I realize. :wave:

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
Pugski.com is the leader in skiing reviews, news, and discussion. Our reviews are interactive, allowing consumers, retailers, and manufacturers to discuss gear with our testers. Our forums include a wide range of skiing topics and even biking discussion, particularly in the off-season.

Or some version of this, is what I use.

To my patroller friends, "It's how you get to demo some of my skis. Sign up and donate. :)" Some have.

Only patrollers get to demo skis?...

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dave Petersen
    Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager