• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Goodbye Ziggy

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Condolences. Hopefully the pain gets softened by knowing how great a life you made for him.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
So sorry... It's the hardest part of being a good pet owner..I'm hoping he's now peeing on every tree and has biscuits forever. Sending BIG HUGS!

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you all for your positive vibes.
Many of you had the fortune of meeting him and @Phelmut had the "not so good" fortune of having his helmet christened by Ziggy.
Your name will forever be a tribute to some laughs @Ziggy brought among us.

Think about this folks, every singe member of this site was welcomed into the fold by Ziggy. That welcome message is going to be a tough one to change. It may take awhile.
He was a good pup. I'm sure he smelled my cat on that helmet and went to mark it and it was worth it for the story. I sold the helmet on newschoolers-JK. I'll dedicate my runs to him tomorrow.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’ve had to say goodbye to many dogs and cats over the years some far too young. It’s never easy but take solace in the fact that you gave him a great life and lots of love while he was with you.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you everyone for reaching out. The support here has been fantastic. As you know Ziggy had and will always have his place on Pugski.com with the Chez Ziggy section. Pugski.com's Global Headquarters is at One Chez Ziggy Plaza in Reno, Until Mercedes Benz or some major bank comes in with a huge sponsorship package and wants to call it "The XXXX Center", we have no plans on renaming that. ;) Seriously, many of you have met Ziggy and or seen his images here on the site, he was out mascot and even though he was a Jack Russell/Chocolate Lab mix...he will always be a Pug. Thank you all. As I find some more pics, I will post them.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sorry to see this. Looks like he had a good life with great people.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Phil and Tricia, sorry to hear of Ziggy. Remembering other posts and reading these brings sad and happy tears, so easy to empathize. Happy ones are best, never easy losing a family member. They ask so little and give so much is where I think the pain comes most from.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A0D1CF25-88F0-4284-B103-F3F0F3AAA5FB.jpeg
Ziggy will be missed so much.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Fur babies, they wrap their tails around our hearts and that is where they will be forever. You know, that’s a good thing. Remember the good times and joy they bring into our lives.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Really love the nose in cup pic. Same way our pup finishes off the end of a pint of Ben and Jerry's.

Rock on, Zigster!

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sometimes time never does ease the pain but at least he's not struggling. But am so sad for you. I'm sorry, and send my condolences. He really was a super good boy.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What breed/mix is Ziggy?

What's your favourite memory of him?
He was a Jack Russell/Chocolate Lab
I know what you're going to say, "How did that happen?"

A favorite memory of him was when we brought him to Colorado with us a few months after his buddy Higgins moved from Tahoe to Colorado. He was anxious the whole trip because it wasn't normal for us to not drop him off at Higgins house when we went out of town.
When we got to Higgins house, Ziggy jumped out of the car to pee like he had done at every stop in our 13 hr drive. He took one sniff of a bush in the front yard and ran to the front door like he just won the lottery. I could almost see a word balloon that said -
No Shit! This is where Higgins lives!!!!
Seeing those two reunite was incredibly fun.
Higgins died of cancer last year, but we still took Ziggy back to visit Higgins' Humans because they loved him and he loved them.

I imagine Higgins met Ziggy on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge and the two are playing like they're puppies again.

Here is a thread about Higgins. Many members who attended the Mother's Day skiing with us have met Higz and Zigz

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
He was a Jack Russell/Chocolate Lab
I know what you're going to say, "How did that happen?"

A favorite memory of him was when we brought him to Colorado with us a few months after his buddy Higgins moved from Tahoe to Colorado. He was anxious the whole trip because it wasn't normal for us to not drop him off at Higgins house when we went out of town.
When we got to Higgins house, Ziggy jumped out of the car to pee like he had done at every stop in our 13 hr drive. He took one sniff of a bush in the front yard and ran to the front door like he just won the lottery. I could almost see a word balloon that said -
No Shit! This is where Higgins lives!!!!
Seeing those two reunite was incredibly fun.
Higgins died of cancer last year, but we still took Ziggy back to visit Higgins' Humans because they loved him and he loved them.

I imagine Higgins met Ziggy on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge and the two are playing like they're puppies again.

Here is a thread about Higgins. Many members who attended the Mother's Day skiing with us have met Higz and Zigz
There is a part II to this story. The next year we were going to Colorado with Ziggy..as we were getting close to the Edwards exit he was getting real antsy. Once we were clser to the house there was a park that he got to play in and as soon as he saw it he start bouncing all over the car and knew we were close to Higgins house. When we pulled up to Higgins house, Ziggy launched out of the car and ran right up to the front door to see Higgins.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sorry to hear your loss, but it sounds as though Ziggy is in a better place and will always be with you guys

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
There is a part II to this story. The next year we were going to Colorado with Ziggy..as we were getting close to the Edwards exit he was getting real antsy. Once we were clser to the house there was a park that he got to play in and as soon as he saw it he start bouncing all over the car and knew we were close to Higgins house. When we pulled up to Higgins house, Ziggy launched out of the car and ran right up to the front door to see Higgins.

Amazing how they remember and know the fun spots.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid