• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Goodbye Ziggy

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Let your hearts shed a few tears, he is worth it. Such a painful eventual reality of owning wonderful animals with short life spans we good humans in the decision making position of a god, have come to love deeply.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
So sorry to hear this sad news. Lots of great, caring posts, as well.

Even when you know its the right decision, and the only decision, it's still so hard. Following his pictures and exploits on here, I'm not sure if many dogs were ever more loved.

Thinking of you both.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs truly bring the biggest smiles to our faces when they are here. They are the most lovable creatures on earth, yet their time is always cut too short. The hardest thing to do is say goodbye to those we love most. It's okay to be sad and miss the hell outta them. But when you are, remember the times you did share and let those memories continue to bring a smile to your face.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:(:hug:

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So sorry to hear this.

I know how heartbreaking it is as we have been there also. In one case we delayed the decision longer than we should have and just prolonged the misery for both him and us.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
So sad that a family member like Ziggy has crossed over. They are truly a part of our heart. Our family has had to go through it back in the spring and it is always difficult. Love and prayers for Ziggy and the both of you from my family to yours.

Nitrobunny

Taking care of business...it’s what I do.
Skier
C0706673-85D8-4CE2-913D-8D4A13548BFE.jpeg

I am so very sorry to hear about Ziggy. Jeff was was sitting on the couch watching FB live and I about lost it when he told me how Phil choked back tears. It doesn’t help that I am just raw from Samson’s passing two weeks ago. Jeff just looked at me and said “Oh no!!!” and told me what was going on.

I like to think that Ziggy and Higgins are playing with Wolfgang and Samson and all of our furry friends who have crossed the rainbow bridge. There really is nothing like a dog’s unconditional love and devotion. I have a coffee cup on my desk that says “Be the person your dog thinks you are”. I try to be. Lord knows I try. They don’t care about race, religion, or creed. Rich or poor they stand by our sides, wait for us at the door or window and guard us as we sleep as if we are the most important person in the world because to them, we are. A more perfect creature just doesn’t exist. Sending love and hugs. I’m so sorry for your loss and the pain you’re feeling ❤️

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I well remember the day Ziggy "christened" a ski helmet at the beach party at A-Basin, can't remember whose is was. Zig had so much fun that day chasing all the dogs, . and, being fed by the gathering crowd.
I know you have a ton of great memories, that's what dogs are about!

That was classic. Ziggy made lots of memories... he was so much a part of the crew. He will be missed.

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier
Very sorry for your loss. Saying farewell to them is never easy.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
As has been said, one of the most wonderful things dogs give us is love and friendship with a being that has no concept whatsoever of its own mortality.

You were blessed to have Ziggy and Ziggy blessed your lives.

Hang in there my friends.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you all for your positive vibes.
Many of you had the fortune of meeting him and @Phelmut had the "not so good" fortune of having his helmet christened by Ziggy.
Your name will forever be a tribute to some laughs @Ziggy brought among us.

Think about this folks, every singe member of this site was welcomed into the fold by Ziggy. That welcome message is going to be a tough one to change. It may take awhile.
Welcome to Pugski.com's forum. We are are excited that you took the time to check out the industry's foremost website focusing on skiing news and discussion. Pugski.com's forum is a content-driven community; after you have looked around, start posting and even create some new discussions.

We started with our launch back in 2015 and have grown at a rapid pace since. Thank you for being a part of our vision of what a skiing community is all about -- a community proud to have the highest level of ski content.

Your official shop dog,
Ziggy

Sponsor

Staff online