• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Goodbye Ziggy

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia and I are sorry to say that we had to let Ziggy go over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. He fought his diabetes and pancreatitis for a couple of years and finally lost the battle. We will miss him for sure. Chez Ziggy will live still on in his memory.

IMG_2033.JPG
fullsizeoutput_af2.jpeg
IMG_2619.JPG
fullsizeoutput_361.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_888.jpeg
IMG_8925.JPG
fullsizeoutput_2a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b77.jpeg

@4ster

P1030973.JPG
P1030975.JPG

"I didn't know you got a cat"--friend

fullsizeoutput_4e9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_6f7.jpeg
IMG_0322.JPG

Ziggy didn't like thunder
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG

Yeah, I stole a kiss.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
@Tricia and I are sorry to say that we had to let Ziggy go over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. He fought his diabetes and pancreatitis for a couple of years and finally lost the battle. We will miss him for sure. Chez Ziggy will live still on in his memory.

View attachment 64264 View attachment 64265 View attachment 64266 View attachment 64267 View attachment 64268 View attachment 64269 View attachment 64270 View attachment 64271
@4ster

View attachment 64272 View attachment 64273
"I didn't know you got a cat"--friend

View attachment 64274 View attachment 64275 View attachment 64276
Ziggy didn't like thunder
View attachment 64277 View attachment 64278 View attachment 64279
Yeah, I stole a kiss.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The past day and a half have been incredibly hard on us. If some of you caught the facebook live yesterday, Phil said hi to me at the end and said that Ziggy wasn't doing well. I rushed from Denver to Edwards where Ziggy was staying. I spent the night snuggling with him and making the toughest decision I've ever made in my life.
As Haynes said to Ziggy, "Hey buddy, Higgins is waiting for you and in a few hours so you can play tug"
The vision of him playing tug with Higgins makes me smile.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm so very sorry. Having been through this twice myself in the last 2 years I really feel your pain and my heart breaks for you guys. This is never easy and I know what good fur baby parents you are. I never met Ziggy but I felt like I knew him. My brother told me something similar when my cat passed and it gave me comfort. Ziggy is now free from pain and discomfort and is chasing balls, playing with toys, eating endless supplies of food and dog chews and running through the grass with all the other doggies playing all day long. Glad you were able to spend the last few hours with him. He knew he was loved and his memory will live forever.

:hug:

Last edited:

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
So very sorry for your loss. You gave Ziggy love, fun, adventure, and now peace. Hugs to you both from me and Uncle Louie.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How sad. You have my condolences. Our pets become such a big part of our lives.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sorry to hear it. I saw the end of the Facebook video and knew something was up with Ziggy. He was a beautiful dog.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
Oh no guys, I am so so sorry. I’ve been a cat person my whole life and only became a dog person over the past 5 years or so, and Ziggy definitely helped pave the way as one of my first favorite dogs. He was a super good boy and will be missed by many.

James

Out There
Instructor
Aww. So sorry to hear about it. Ziggy was such a fun dog and huge part of your house.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
I well remember the day Ziggy "christened" a ski helmet at the beach party at A-Basin, can't remember whose is was. Zig had so much fun that day chasing all the dogs, . and, being fed by the gathering crowd.
I know you have a ton of great memories, that's what dogs are about!

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Marcia and I send our condolences.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Pepper, Tule, and Pondo are going to miss their buddy but not more than Ann and me.
20180316_105151.jpg

20190126_151348.jpg

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
+++vibes, my thoughts are with you. The great memories will long outlast the sadness of loss.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Im so sorry for your loss guys. Dogs are angels and our babies. He will always be a part of pugski.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
To say it's the hardest decision is an understatement. My heart aches for you both! It's a blessing to be able to end our animal's pain and suffering, but it's also the most heartbreaking decision ever. I am SO sorry. Hugs to you both

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January