• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Gonna spend some time in Utah!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The truck is packed, the mail is being forwarded, stopped the newspaper, the cat has been placed on anti-anxiety medication. I think that we are ready to hit the road!
Safe travels west!! I'd love to watch the forecast and pick a day where you can come ski here with GOOD conditions. You two have gotten skunked here IIRC. We have 50% off buddy passes...can ski any day midweek, too. :ogbiggrin:

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Safe travels west!! I'd love to watch the forecast and pick a day where you can come ski here with GOOD conditions. You two have gotten skunked here IIRC. We have 50% off buddy passes...can ski any day midweek, too. :ogbiggrin:
We look forward to it!

James

Out There
Instructor
We need a photo of the truck before leaving. Skis are in the bed?

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skis in the bed. It is amazing how much space is taken up by 5 pairs of skis. All the luggage and essentials in the bed. Things we can’t allow to freeze traveling in the (extended) cab. Golden retriever in the back seat of the cab. Psychotic cat in a large soft carrier in the back seat. If I have time, I’ll snap a couple of pictures. If you’d like, I’ll also record the vocalizations that my poor cat is likely to make.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skis in the bed. It is amazing how much space is taken up by 5 pairs of skis. All the luggage and essentials in the bed. Things we can’t allow to freeze traveling in the (extended) cab. Golden retriever in the back seat of the cab. Psychotic cat in a large soft carrier in the back seat. If I have time, I’ll snap a couple of pictures. If you’d like, I’ll also record the vocalizations that my poor cat is likely to make.

When I did road trips with my cat (we did 2 cross-country plus other 6-10 hour trips) he would typically scream bloody murder for the first few hours and puke somewhere in that time frame and then settle in. I tried benedryl but that cat could smell it from a mile away. Even the baby liquid mostly ended up all over his fur and me. If we stopped in a hotel for a night he would meow the entire night as he explored. It's a wonder we didn't get kicked out. Unfortunately, my next few weeks is really crazy with school so I can't see being able to connect on your way through. Maybe as you head home after your adventures?

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I expect Ellobruce to howl for the first couple of hours. We may bring earplugs if he yowls any longer than that. Or turn up the music. He will be taking gabapentin the next few days, and his carrier is sizable enough for a bed and litter box (he is sleeping in it right now). We have two extra large bottles of Feliway with us - it does seem to help him out.

Oh yes Kevin, he really likes catnip or are you talking about “catnip?”

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Obvious you are a porsche guy, not a truck guy Bob. Get it right if you want to pull this off.! That is a crew cab, NOT an extended cab.......:ogbiggrin:

Travel safe and have a great trip. You should really just drive a bit further to Tahoe as well.....

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 1 of the trip. Got a late start and made it to Batavia, NY. Both pets remarkably good in the car. D84E66FD-E169-407D-B5AD-3F7814384962.jpeg 254D8D85-5CF1-4821-BC20-CCF64167F10C.jpeg
Ellobruce and Feebee in the hotel room. Notice Ellobruce’s dilated pupils - this is how he prepares himself to run away.
62D9E81F-1322-46F5-895B-44606CF43225.jpeg
There are skis under all that stuff somewhere 65BA5BFA-B1B1-46E7-A069-B8E6A26D77AB.jpeg
Signtseeing at a rest stop.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ellobruce has that classic F U cat expression. I've traveled a few times cross country with cats. Always an adventure!

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
It looks more like a F-O expression. That is one freaked out cat. Safe travels to you & the whole crew.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You could see some interesting weather driving across the midwest this week. All part of the adventure, but be safe. I'm a few days right behind you.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ellobruce has that classic F U cat expression. I've traveled a few times cross country with cats. Always an adventure!
I was thinking the same thing.
It looks more like a F-O expression. That is one freaked out cat. Safe travels to you & the whole crew.
That's also a possibility.

Sponsor