• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Gonna spend some time in Utah!

JoeSchmoe

Snowboarder
Skier
That's awesome! That's a bucket list thing for me when I retire.

I'm curious, for a 2 month rental, would you go through a VRBO/AirBNB site or a traditional property rental site?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We will make sure we try to ski with your when we come though.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
We'll be in SLC 3.5 of our 8 weeks in January and February so maybe we'll. We take our kids (11 and 15) and our dog on an 6-8 week trip each year and do the airbnb thing as well. Our itinerary this year is week 1- WP/Copper/SB, 2. J-Hole, 3. Big Sky, 4-6. SLC and then on to Aspen with a stop at A Basin on the way back East. We have yet to ski Utah so we wanted extra time there and are really look forward to it. Hopefully we cross paths in February!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
What to take beyond the ski gear and animals is easy.

Bring more money!

Congratulations on the retirement.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You didn't ask for it, but here are a few items to think about based on my extended western stays in 2015 and 2019:
1. Are you having your mail redirected to UT? Have you signed up with USPS for informed delivery? That's when they send you a daily email with info on snail mail that is coming to you that day.
2. Have you switched most of your normal/recurring bills to an e-bill payment program? This helps to stay on top of things while living temporarily away from home.
3. Get any meds/prescriptions up to date and ready for refills/replacements if necessary?
4. Pace yourself. Big thing is for you and M to finish the season in one piece. Take rest days on a regular basis. One of the nicest things about an extended trip and retirement is that you don't have to cram all the on-slope fun into one intense ski week.
5. It's really great that you are doing this as a pair for safety, logistics, companionship, romance, and fun!

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The talk of a trip west is gaining momentum among our small clan. You’ve been warned...
Counting on it! Also, we are going to try to stop in Colorado for 2-4 days on the way to SLC. We would love to hit Snowmass depending on finding pet friendly hotels.

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You didn't ask for it, but here are a few items to think about based on my extended western stays in 2015 and 2019:
1. Are you having your mail redirected to UT? Have you signed up with USPS for informed delivery? That's when they send you a daily email with info on snail mail that is coming to you that day.
2. Have you switched most of your normal/recurring bills to an e-bill payment program? This helps to stay on top of things while living temporarily away from home.
3. Get any meds/prescriptions up to date and ready for refills/replacements if necessary?
4. Pace yourself. Big thing is for you and M to finish the season in one piece. Take rest days on a regular basis. One of the nicest things about an extended trip and retirement is that you don't have to cram all the on-slope fun into one intense ski week.
5. It's really great that you are doing this as a pair for safety, logistics, companionship, romance, and fun!
Great advice! All of these points have been on my radar screen and I will be checking them off over the next week or so.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Moab/St. George make wonderful outdoorsy "weekend outings" if you get a few days of bad skiing weather. Or need to take a break.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The talk of a trip west is gaining momentum among our small clan. You’ve been warned...
You should consider going a little further west so you can experience the Pugski.com Global Headquarters in all of its glory.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@bbinder talk to @KingGrump -
He'll advise you to bring spices, seasonings and kitchenware. Most ski houses don't have adequate supplies of such things.
Since you're going to be in/near SLC, you do have access to an IKEA to get some of the kitchenware.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Congratulations @bbinder and Marcia!! For a pet friendly hotel near Snowmass.. the Element in Basalt allow pets and well behaved can stay unattended in the room- Very nice hotel with fully equipped kitchens in all rooms, Nice breakfast and après ski, indoor pool, outdoor hot tub. Walk to El Korita Mexican, there's a burger joint and a Whole Foods across the street!! https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...en/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

Safe travels and LOTS OF VERTICAL!!! Hoping our paths cross to take some runs. Enjoy your retirement!!!!

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The truck is packed, the mail is being forwarded, stopped the newspaper, the cat has been placed on anti-anxiety medication. I think that we are ready to hit the road!

Sponsor