• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Gonna spend some time in Utah!

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@margaritamarcia and I have been hoping to spend a couple of months out west during the winter, and this winter we are finally going to get it done. We just put a deposit for a furnished apartment in Draper for February and March 2020. Our son in law is lending us his extended cab pickup truck and we will be traveling with our dog and (probably) our cat. We chose the Salt Lake City area because of the wealth of ski areas where we can use our Ikon passes, and because we are within reasonable driving distance of, well, almost everywhere we might want to ski. The current plan will be to leave mid January and probably stop off at Snowmass on our way to Utah.

oh yeah: all this is possible because I am retiring at the end of the year!

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrats! Sounds like a great time.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@margaritamarcia and I have been hoping to spend a couple of months out west during the winter, and this winter we are finally going to get it done. We just put a deposit for a furnished apartment in Draper for February and March 2020. Our son in law is lending us his extended cab pickup truck and we will be traveling with our dog and (probably) our cat. We chose the Salt Lake City area because of the wealth of ski areas where we can use our Ikon passes, and because we are within reasonable driving distance of, well, almost everywhere we might want to ski. The current plan will be to leave mid January and probably stop off at Snowmass on our way to Utah.

oh yeah: all this is possible because I am retiring at the end of the year!
We'll be seeing you guys, hopefully on a mountain AND for a meal and beverage at the least! Glad you found a place. Sorry I wasn't more help in that regard.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! Having had a priceless vet before, I am sure it's not going to be a happy day for everyone. Thank you for the care -- both medical and personal -- you've given your patients and their families.

Enjoy your extended ski vacation! Will your Alta group be meeting you out there?

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrats and enjoy your trip!

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We'll be seeing you guys, hopefully on a mountain AND for a meal and beverage at the least!

Definitely!

Glad you found a place. Sorry I wasn't more help in that regard.

No worries. I figured that SLC was outside your area of influence.
I want some Marcia and Binder time! :hug:

Back at ya! Rumor has it that we will have a spare bed in the apartment... (and the Snowmass stop is partially for the Co crew). You will have to put up with an exuberant Golden Retrievers.

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! Having had a priceless vet before, I am sure it's not going to be a happy day for everyone. Thank you for the care -- both medical and personal -- you've given your patients and their families.

Enjoy your extended ski vacation! Will your Alta group be meeting you out there?

I’m not sure about the priceless part, but I expect it to be a little weird to move on. I sent out a notification letter to my clients, and the responses so far have been heartwarming.
My Alta Kacker group is meeting as usual in early February and we will all be staying at the GMD. Alas, Marcia will stay in the valley to care for the pets.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m not sure about the priceless part, but I expect it to be a little weird to move on. I sent out a notification letter to my clients, and the responses so far have been heartwarming.
My Alta Kacker group is meeting as usual in early February and we will all be staying at the GMD. Alas, Marcia will stay in the valley to care for the pets.

Well if you can't wrap your head around priceless, I will suggest one of a kind, you have some amazing stories.

Congratulations!!!! to you both!!!
Maybe we can get together on the way to Jackson Hole. I am planning to spend a few days with @JohnL in SLC before we head up.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be in Cottonwood Heights same time frame and doing Snowbird a lot. Let me know if you want to share some runs and some beers! Congrats on retirement.

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be in Cottonwood Heights same time frame and doing Snowbird a lot. Let me know if you want to share some runs and some beers! Congrats on retirement.
Will do!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@bbinder I want to be like you guys when I grow up ;)
This reminds me of the joke.
Kid says to his dad: I want to be a ski instructor when I grow up.
Dad says: You can't do both.

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Congrats on retirement.

Pretty easy drive from SLC to JH in late Feb. Just sayin'.

Aspen powder skiing tip: Untracked lasts all morning at Snowmass, lasts all day at Buttermilk.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
not a whole lot going on in Draper but you are gonna love the easy access to the Cottonwoods.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
i should add as a former resident of Draper that the Garage Grill is a solid place w/ good food and Beer . Beer that will be up to 5% come Friday!
Right?! And now the decision of tap vs. canned/bottled won't be as cut and dried. Good beer from the tap is preferred when your'e comparing beers to beers.

Sponsor

Staff online