• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gathermeister was down and is now back! (updated title)

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got very lucky in managing to get into one of the premier facilities in this area. From what I saw there yesterday everybody is one on one with your trainer. I will be with my trainer (and his trainee) through my entire stay. I'm at a Sports Rehabilitation facility connected with the University of Kentucky.

It's a modern, well equipped massive facility with a great vibe.
Great news, best wishes Louie!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Update: UL started PT yesterday with a seriously cool physical therapist who is a snow sport lover too (kind of hard to find in Kentucky). When I left for work this morning, UL was already scoping out locations in the house to do his exercises. Score it UL-1, Nagging-0. :golfclap:

I dunno, I kinda still want to see some good nagging.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Paging Shamora to the white courtesy phone ....

Not directed towards me!! She gets suspicious when I suggest buying more plants, thinks I’m trying to make it OK to buy ski gear.

Besides, this is not about me. It’s about @Uncle Louie. Getting nagged by @SugarCube.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Go show 'em how it's done, @Uncle Louie!

Trying my best on this.

First trip in earlier this week my Trainer and I were filling the blank moments with ski talk. He has a friend (former co-worker) working on the Ski School at Copper. I told him that nobody in Summit County calls me Greg. Most there call me Uncle Louie. So..................yesterday he walks into the waiting area and Let's Go Uncle Louie!

Bet I can get a Pugski sticker on his car before this is over.

TS
SugarCube

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yesterday UL and I got to wrangle a new refrigerator (long ugly story) into the house via the back of his pick-up truck, up the front porch stairs, and into the kitchen. He's paying for that today but there's no way he could have done any of that a month ago. Not bad for a couple of old broken coots like us! ogwink

PS He still did 2 rounds of PT exercises...he's pretty motivated to heal this thing.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a compression ice pack that I got from off amazon. The blue gel pack is removable , and goes in the freezer . Strap it around your shoulder and pump it up. It is an O2 Compression Cold Therapy wrap , quite cheap. Highly recommended by me for after you overdo things!! I am using it now after rotator cuff surgery

View attachment 47749

View attachment 47750

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
When I came home from a PSIA national academy with a fracture dislocation of my right shoulder, my wife made me a saddlebag that could hold ice packs both front and back. We've used that repeatedly for various other limb injuries.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
@cantunamunch inquired about my health in another thread, so rather than hijack I'll stick up one more post here.

There are no more symptoms related to my neck. C1 and C3 had two small chips that are probably well on the way to fusing back into place. Two doctors estimated 6-12 months for that to fully heal. C2 is probably fully healed as there was no displacement, just 2 hairline cracks. It's almost exactly 8 months "post fall".

There was also Rotator Cuff damage on the right side. About 1/2 of it showed damage (perfectly clean lateral line, damage below/ perfect above). PT time was estimated at 12-16 weeks and I was about as far as I could go at 11 weeks. My last PT was last Wednesday. I have a near full range of motion now of my right arm. Reaching the small of my back between my shoulders by dropping my hand downward and behind my back is tough. It will probably improve with time.

I did manage to do some light work (construction) in October. No sign of any problems doing that. (well the rest of my body wasn't real happy about it)

My first fully pain free day was September 4th. Almost exactly 6 months after the crash.

We're good here !

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So glad to hear it. Sure do hope to make some turns with you this winter

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Uncle Louie, glad to hear you are doing well. :thumb:

Sponsor