• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gathermeister was down and is now back! (updated title)

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
You don't remember what you had for breakfast, but you remember where and when that picture was taken? :rolleyes::D

Actually I recognize the trail. The trail has a trick fall line. The fall line is at a about a 45 degree angle to the center line of the trail itself. I'm skiing that fall line (note the tracks over my left shoulder).

For those of you that look VERY close in the upper left corner of the pic you can see the top of the Orient Express lift. It's a small white triangle, barely visible, next to the upper part of the pine tree furthest to the left side of the picture.

UH....and Waffles this morning.

Uncle Louie

Skier
giddyup,

Was that by chance the day we skied with our friend who did a binding check off the access road to the Orient Express lift ? I helped him retrieve his ski......remember ?

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thought it might had been a day I had been there...if not, I know I’ve seen you in similar snow in that area before.

Uncle Louie

Skier
Thought it might had been a day I had been there...if not, I know I’ve seen you in similar snow in that area before.

It's an Uncle Louie secret stash. You can ski that trail mostly un-tracked on most powder days because the locals tend to hit all the steep terrain in the rest of the bowls. Most people ski in the direction of the cut of the trail. By skiing the fall line you cross most of the tracks and get the feeling of skiing fresh un- tracked if the snow is light enough.

Have at it folks, I'm not sure I'll ever get to ski the trail again thanks to Alterra ! :yahoo:

Last edited:

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
giddyup,

Was that by chance the day we skied with our friend who did a binding check off the access road to the Orient Express lift ? I helped him retrieve his ski......remember ?

I remember that day Greg, but this was a different day. It was me, you, Nancy and Garyskr. We met up at Eagles Nest and you took us into Game Creek just to get over to Mountain Top Express via the blue run skiers right of Wildwood and about 2/3rds of the way down Nancy took the green down to the lift and you led Gary and I into some awesome trees right under the lift.

Then we went over to Soudough where Nancy hung out while we went into the Back Bowls where the picture was taken. We scoured almost every section of the Back Bowls then went to lunch with Nancy at Buffalo's. After lunch Gary and I went to Blue Sky and you skied with Nancy on the front side. We met up for a drink at the end of the day back in Lionshead:)

DSCN4029.JPG

DSCN4039.JPG

DSCN4087.JPG

DSCN4090.JPG

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
WOW, Jim, it's incredible that you can bring up this stuff. I remember the Picture in the lodge with Greg and the Sweet Cube. We were trying to spell SKI. Fun trip.
Hope to see Greg and Nancy this year.

happy new year to all of you.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You don't remember what you had for breakfast, but you remember where and when that picture was taken? :rolleyes::D
Happy New Year to you SC.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Thanks for the reminder about spelling Ski Gary. I'd forgot about that:)

Lunch stop at Buffalo's and those are my red Volkl Mantras in the rack. Note the snow on the tables as it got better as the day went on:thumb:

DSCN4061.JPG

Gary in Blue Sky

DSCN4097.JPG

And finally me, a blushing at Gary's magnificence Sugarcube and Gatherneister UP Greg back in Lionshead:cool:

DSCN4119.JPG

TS
SugarCube

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
This thread's title is no longer valid as Uncle Louie (the original Gathermeister) and I skied today. It's one year ago today (364 days) that he fell while attending the Gathering in Utah and broke his neck. Lots of trips to the doc, tests, x-rays, scans, physical therapy, and a lot of luck got us to where we are today. We skied quite splendid conditions at Perfect North, and, well, we had a blast. It wasn't thigh-deep powder, no face-shots, nothing extreme. But it was good....very, very good to be out again. :daffy:

Sponsor