• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gathermeister was down and is now back! (updated title)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This thread's title is no longer valid as Uncle Louie (the original Gathermeister) and I skied today. It's one year ago today (364 days) that he fell while attending the Gathering in Utah and broke his neck. Lots of trips to the doc, tests, x-rays, scans, physical therapy, and a lot of luck got us to where we are today. We skied quite splendid conditions at Perfect North, and, well, we had a blast. It wasn't thigh-deep powder, no face-shots, nothing extreme. But it was good....very, very good to be out again. :daffy:
:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This thread's title is no longer valid as Uncle Louie (the original Gathermeister) and I skied today. It's one year ago today (364 days) that he fell while attending the Gathering in Utah and broke his neck. Lots of trips to the doc, tests, x-rays, scans, physical therapy, and a lot of luck got us to where we are today. We skied quite splendid conditions at Perfect North, and, well, we had a blast. It wasn't thigh-deep powder, no face-shots, nothing extreme. But it was good....very, very good to be out again. :daffy:
Cheers to good health.
:yahoo:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Great news! :beercheer:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yay!!!! That is the BEST news of the day.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The Big Sky Gathering was great, but we missed Uncle Louie (and Sugar Cube). UL does a great job promoting of safety and facilitating the establishment of compatible skier groups. Best wishes for continued full recovery.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Congratulations! A big investment from both of you to hit this payday!

UL does a great job promoting of safety and facilitating the establishment of compatible skier groups.

And, @Uncle Louie, there is evidence in the Big Sky thread that your leadership in ^^^ was missed! Marking your calendar to be Chief CatHerder at JH?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Congratulations! A big investment from both of you to hit this payday!

And, @Uncle Louie, there is evidence in the Big Sky thread that your leadership in ^^^ was missed! Marking your calendar to be Chief CatHerder at JH?
Oh, I don't know about that. Yes, UL was missed and we talked about him, but we had a meeting room where people met up and paired off into compatible groups. A few members opted to not use the room in the morning and later mentioned that they missed the group, but that's not for lack of leadership.

That being said, @SugarCube and @Uncle Louie I know you're not planning on leading at JH, but I sure do hope that you can make it. For me and @Philpug it would be especially nice since we will be celebrating our actual leap year anniversary with the other couple who got married at a Gathering.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Well people, today was a pretty big day.

The major pass players put next year's passes on sale.
It's Fat Tuesday.
It's the day after my first day on skis in a year and I'm not sore!
It's the one year anniversary of the major face plant and aside from being a bit out of shape I'm no worse for the wear. (down 26 lbs though !)

I'd like to thank all of you who chimed in, PM'ed, e-mailed or rang my phone to check in during my recovery. The boredom of carefully healing was worse than the pain, and sometimes hearing an old friend's voice or seeing a post certainly raised my spirits. Most of all thanks to my wife Nancy for putting up with me and helping any way she could.

Enjoy the rest of your season folks. We're done here !

UL

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
So.....I can stop blaming myself for leading Louie to his disaster? Phew!

OK, almost done.

You picked the trail, I picked the line. Had I followed all of you (the group) I would have been fine. I'm glad for once I WASN'T leading !

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well people, today was a pretty big day.

The major pass players put next year's passes on sale.
It's Fat Tuesday.
It's the day after my first day on skis in a year and I'm not sore!
It's the one year anniversary of the major face plant and aside from being a bit out of shape I'm no worse for the wear. (down 26 lbs though !)

I'd like to thank all of you who chimed in, PM'ed, e-mailed or rang my phone to check in during my recovery. The boredom of carefully healing was worse than the pain, and sometimes hearing an old friend's voice or seeing a post certainly raised my spirits. Most of all thanks to my wife Nancy for putting up with me and helping any way she could.

Enjoy the rest of your season folks. We're done here !

UL

I’ll loan you some of those pounds.

Spent 6 months doing remote work for a company in Louisville. Was hoping it would translate into a trip, so I could see you two. Alas, no go. :(

Congrats on getting back in the saddle.

BTW, Scott got us through the sketchy spots at the ID/MT border. It got a bit rough.

Sponsor