• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gathermeister was down and is now back! (updated title)

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Uncle Louie, the original Gathermeister, had an epic fall today and will miss the rest of the Gathering. I understand that some of you witnessed it and I regret I don’t know who all to personally thank for helping him. He has 2 fractured vertebrae in his neck. I understand the hip and coolest are now sporting cervical collars!

Huge thanks to jgiddyup and Michel for all your kindness and help. I appreciate your friendship and generosity more than I can say.

I will be en route to SLC soon and we’ll head back to Kentucky later this week.

Be safe, y’all, and some positive vibes to UL would be so welcome.

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
Terrible news.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

++++++vibes

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
It hurts to read that. How absolutely awful.

Will keep both of you in my thoughts. Best of healing to Uncle Louie.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Hey everybody. It could have been much worse. The only good news is that all the broken pieces are still in place and surgery is not required. No spinal cord damage either. I'm in pretty good spirits and in a little less pain than one would expect for such a serious injury.

Thanks to those that helped me off the mountain today including the group I was with, Snowbasin's Ski Patrol and Jim and Michelle giddyup ( for driving my stuff around and safely (i think) moving my truck around. Thanks to Phil for offering to go to the hospital with me (I sent him back out skiing). Thanks too for those who have extended offers of help in the next few days when I may need it.

Glad I got to meet some of you I've only met online before in person. Nice to have met so many 1st time gatherers too and of course the regulars I see, at most, once a year.

If each of you get a chance tomorrow, just make 5 turns with a smile on your face. That was always my greatest memories from these events.

Special thanks to my amazing wife in advance for what's going to be a pretty big effort on her part in the next few weeks.

John L- I know you're thinking it and your're probably right. I should have given the usual Gathering Safety speech.

Have fun boys & girls.:beercheer:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was with U.L. when he went down. It was something that could happen to any of us in flat light. We were just above a cat track and Louie didn't realize the drop on the cat track was about 3 1/2 feet. BAM.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Safe travels and heal fast.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Heal fast, UL. Sorry we didn't get to meet this time, I was looking forward to it. Next season!

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh dang. I'm glad there is that silver lining regarding extent of the injury, but still what a bummer. Hope you have a seamless recovery.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sorry to hear it UL, best wishes for a quick recovery. :snow: :wag:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry my mountain broke you! Please take care, and be patient with your recovery! So glad to meet you at least briefly--safe travels back home. I have no doubt you'll heal well with the great attitude you possess!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January