• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun Car...

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yes sir we are within the rules still. He runs a 9.99 it has to be caged and looped

also comp license in events

They have had to change the rules because you have factory cars out there that break the rules lol

“Under these new guidelines, owners of Shelby GT 500, Corvette ZR-1, Dodge Demon, Tesla Plaid, or other highperformance vehicles will have the ability to participate in and enjoy NHRA Street Legal racing events without making extensive modifications to their cars.”

The event schedule is to be released sometime in January for the high school drags and other events. Hopefully I will be able to post more vids of him racing.
That's a cool read. I mean, if you think about it, 10s cars from 30 years ago could be really sketchy. More modern cars have much better suspension and braking. People were freaked out when I told them I ran sub 11s on a bike. I said, with modern sportbikes, it's really not that dramatic. 260kmh feels pretty much like 60kmh. Effortless. I can remember worrying about stopping a 69 12s Camaro in the entire runoff length. On my sportbikes I almost had to reaccelerate to hit the first turnoff.

AEV4EV

Putting on skis
Skier
For about 16,000 CAD you could have bought a nice nimble little 750 that can pull 10.3 s in a 1/4 mile.
Just say'n.
I’ve had two of these in the past 15 years, and I’m seriously considering buying another local one on sale. Fun bike

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Yes, there is that. Plus you get cold in the winter, or when it's raining and a degree or three from freezing you can get quite cold. Still more fun though. Not so good handling on ice either.

Well that's not really true...
From last January

KTM400 Rear Grip Stud.JPG

1 8 22.JPG

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Cage is being completed this weekend. 6.0 motor will be completely disassembled and sent to the machine shop next week. Most of themaximum motor sports suspension stuff was 4 weeks out , 4 weeks ago so, soon. They did send all the subframe stuff that will be connected to the cage.

1983 Mercury Capri GS Build
6.0 chevy with a precision 78mm , 4l80E trans, Maximum motorsports Drag kit , 12 pt cage, Kirkey seat.

It will be a drag and drive car and we have a goal of 8s , turned up should go in the 7s. We will be bracket racing this season!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0794.jpeg
    IMG_0794.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0792.jpeg
    IMG_0792.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
That's a cool read. I mean, if you think about it, 10s cars from 30 years ago could be really sketchy. More modern cars have much better suspension and braking. People were freaked out when I told them I ran sub 11s on a bike. I said, with modern sportbikes, it's really not that dramatic. 260kmh feels pretty much like 60kmh. Effortless. I can remember worrying about stopping a 69 12s Camaro in the entire runoff length. On my sportbikes I almost had to reaccelerate to hit the first turnoff.
Oh and I am the owner of the 340i now and I slowed it way the hell down. It will run high 11s and its tuned like 50-75 hp over stock. He took my tundra and bought a roller. Its the one in the above post.

Last edited:
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Cage is being completed this weekend. 6.0 motor will be completely disassembled and sent to the machine shop next week. Most of themaximum motor sports suspension stuff was 4 weeks out , 4 weeks ago so, soon. They did send all the subframe stuff that will be connected to the cage.
I helped on a motor build for a 5.0 back in the day. They did a home tub and 4-link suspension job. I checked it out and told them they were not doing the 4-link correctly, didn't listen. Car couldn't hook up no matter how they tried to adjust it! Great car to mess with though, lots of parts and fun.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
I helped on a motor build for a 5.0 back in the day. They did a home tub and 4-link suspension job. I checked it out and told them they were not doing the 4-link correctly, didn't listen. Car couldn't hook up no matter how they tried to adjust it! Great car to mess with though, lots of parts and fun.
they are fun and he is enjoying. He bought the turbo and had it for a week. I just kept asking him, how fast do you want to go? also saying for the money you spent on the turbo, you could get a roller and a engine for what you paid for the turbo, and when the race car breaks your daily didn't. Glad he listened, because he is enjoying the wrenching on a 900 car vs a 25k car with a lot more expensive parts.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
One time at Lime Rock I watched in awe as this totally stripped out VW Rabbit rat rod went into Big Bend over and again - on three wheels… all I could say was that there was no way you could have more fun than that

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
One time at Lime Rock I watched in awe as this totally stripped out VW Rabbit rat rod went into Big Bend over and again - on three wheels… all I could say was that there was no way you could have more fun than that
Back when Le Cars were a thing there was a class for them. I saw them race in the sport car track at Pocono. 3 wheels in every turn bouncing sideways. Slow as molasses but very evenly matched.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
If my knowledge of vehicle dynamics is correct, they keep the roll stiffness low on the front and higher on the rear to transfer load to the rear to reduce the load on the front tires and induce some rotation. Otherwise the more heavily loaded fronts (by weight and also by power transfer and braking) would run at a higher slip angle and the cars would just tend to understeer like crazy. The difference in roll stiffness is high enough it manifests itself with highing the inside rear tire like a dog peeing on a hydrant LOL.
You'll see some older RWD cars exhibiting the opposite, lifting the inside front. Same thing in reverse

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
If my knowledge of vehicle dynamics is correct, they keep the roll stiffness low on the front and higher on the rear to transfer load to the rear to reduce the load on the front tires and induce some rotation. Otherwise the more heavily loaded fronts (by weight and also by power transfer and braking) would run at a higher slip angle and the cars would just tend to understeer like crazy. The difference in roll stiffness is high enough it manifests itself with highing the inside rear tire like a dog peeing on a hydrant LOL.
You'll see some older RWD cars exhibiting the opposite, lifting the inside front. Same thing in reverse
If you are rwd and lift one wheel. That is typically from chassis twist from the engine torque. We will be connecting the cage to the tubular k member to reduce twist

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Easter ride.
With the rebuilt steering box in, and little stuff like rear speakers, windshield washer pump, fluids and filters and an empty house Easter afternoon, I decided to give her a little run and test the tunes with the lid down. It was ... brisk.. but tunes worked and we went around corners like we should. Co pilot didnt complain.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Easter ride.
With the rebuilt steering box in, and little stuff like rear speakers, windshield washer pump, fluids and filters and an empty house Easter afternoon, I decided to give her a little run and test the tunes with the lid down. It was ... brisk.. but tunes worked and we went around corners like we should. Co pilot didnt complain.
:geek: What if Co pilot sees a squirrel?!!

Sponsor

Staff online