• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun Car...

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great fun. But ungodly rust.

Come on now, you can't claim that Datsun was in a small club in that regard during the 70s, right? The Toyota Corollas of that era would darn near disappear in 3 years of northern MN salted roads.

And, a bit older, my first car being a used 65 Dart, I had to stuff holes in the rear wheelwell areas with tarred rags to keep snow out of the trunk. Good times, I tell you!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Come on now, you can't claim that Datsun was in a small club in that regard during the 70s, right? The Toyota Corollas of that era would darn near disappear in 3 years of northern MN salted roads.

Never would dream of calling it a small club - and didn't. :)

I did claim, and continue to claim, that the US gargantuas with sketchy mechanicals and point-and-pray handling, were actually not as bad for rusting in front of your eyes.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The 70s Japanese cars were half rusted out just from sea spray on the boat over!
I had a 1978 Honda Accord and the two front fenders rusted away so bad that the Honda company gave me two free front fenders as part of a recall. The inside of the door jamb rusted from the inside out but I sold the car before it got too bad. I switched to a 1986 Nissan but payed extra for an anti rust package but still had a little rust after several years. The Nissan was the worst mechanical vehicle I ever owned, between the rust of the Honda and the poor mechanicals of the Nissan I was finished with foreign cars for good.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Well, we added another Bimmer to the garage. My son got bored with his 500 + whp. So he traded it for a 340I xdrive with a B58 . It is slower but quicker 0-60 and its awd. It is basically a M3 without the S58. M suspension, Brakes, Adaptive - a 64k sticker in 2016.
Well, my son took my build basically that I was doing my build but I ran across the M2. The 340i xdrive car we purchased is now one of the fastest stock turbo cars in the midwest (won every race here in texas/ok/KS/MO) Its putting down 10.6 passes with a incredible 60 foot. He put 3 cars on a challenger hellcat jailbreak at the 60 foot in the finals. The guy that he beat couldn't believe it so he wanted to grudge race him in his 1000 whp TRX . TRX got beat by 3 cars. My son is consistently a .3 reaction time and with his incredible 60 foot he held 3 cars and pulled a hair on him the entire track. Oh and he saved up for another upgrade. Daw 2.5 hybrid turbo that should put that car about 600 whp on a hot tune e50 tune 540-550 on a 91 tune

Here is his first sub 12 in the mustang It was his 2 nd full pass ever also. The first night all we did was work on the starting tree and 60 foots.

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Well, my son took my build basically that I was doing my build but I ran across the M2. The 340i xdrive car we purchased is now one of the fastest stock turbo cars in the midwest (won every race here in texas/ok/KS/MO) Its putting down 10.6 passes with a incredible 60 foot. He put 3 cars on a challenger hellcat jailbreak at the 60 foot in the finals. The guy that he beat couldn't believe it so he wanted to grudge race him in his 1000 whp TRX . TRX got beat by 3 cars. My son is consistently a .3 reaction time and with his incredible 60 foot he held 3 cars and pulled a hair on him the entire track. Oh and he saved up for another upgrade. Daw 2.5 hybrid turbo that should put that car about 600 whp on a hot tune e50 tune 540-550 on a 91 tune

Here is his first sub 12 in the mustang It was his 2 nd full pass ever also. The first night all we did was work on the starting tree and 60 foots.

That’s awesome! Any videos of the BMW running the 1/4?

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier

Sub 12's are no joke.. Good job!!

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Kids!

This reminds me of when I had 20/10 vision, which is certainly no longer the case at age 64,

I still have the 20/10 as long as whatever I'm looking at is more than 3' away!! Thank God for optics... :ogbiggrin:
Yeah well my wife got a new pair of readers. I put them on and was like wow maybe I should get some of those. AGE

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Sub 12s are no joke indeed but did everyone not catch it’s running 10.6 and more mods incoming? Should be into single digits soon which is INSANE!

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Sub 12s are no joke indeed but did everyone not catch it’s running 10.6 and more mods incoming? Should be into single digits soon which is INSANE!
Yes his turbo upgrade is currently in the works. He has most of the parts at least the super expensive ones so far. It's pretty insane when a car is putting down 1.5 sec 60 foot. With more HP , we are estimating 10.2 to 10.3 The day we bought it. On the way back. This car was a find as well. It was at a little Chevy dealer on grand lake. The person that ordered it ticked every m performance box he could. And added the titanium mppsk exhaust. It's a track pack car. M3 basically without the fenders and wider suspension , also the s55 in the year. The b58 has more potential than the s55. Plus his engine is the full forged.

IMG_0473.jpeg

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yes his turbo upgrade is currently in the works. He has most of the parts at least the super expensive ones so far. It's pretty insane when a car is putting down 1.5 sec 60 foot. With more HP , we are estimating 10.2 to 10.3 The day we bought it. On the way back. This car was a find as well. It was at a little Chevy dealer on grand lake. The person that ordered it ticked every m performance box he could. And added the titanium mppsk exhaust. It's a track pack car. M3 basically without the fenders and wider suspension , also the s55 in the year. The b58 has more potential than the s55. Plus his engine is the full forged.

View attachment 219046
I'm not sure if you're doing this at the track or on the street, but things get more regulated once you start getting lower in the brackets. Under 11s NHRA mandates a roll bar in mostly stock cars. We pulled a 10.7 right off the trailer once and were told we were done for the weekend. Driveshaft loop, transmission blanket etc.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
For about 16,000 CAD you could have bought a nice nimble little 750 that can pull 10.3 s in a 1/4 mile.
Just say'n.
Yes sir.. I have done the busa's and zx-14r Too old now and he is too young. His car was a deal and a half. He sold his mustang for 37k with 50 k miles and then sold all the aftermarket parts. He paid 25k for the '16 340i xdrive with 64k miles. Hop up parts prior to turbo - Dorch high pressure fuel pump , Charge pipe, intake, down pipe, Bootmod3 stage 2+ custom tune , XHP, Titanium Valvetronic MPPSK, PCV delete, Wavetrac .(3k) So roughly 28k now and the turbo upgrade is another 6k. 34 k all in and he still had 3k left from the mustang which paid tag title and tax.

Last edited:

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
I'm not sure if you're doing this at the track or on the street, but things get more regulated once you start getting lower in the brackets. Under 11s NHRA mandates a roll bar in mostly stock cars. We pulled a 10.7 right off the trailer once and were told we were done for the weekend. Driveshaft loop, transmission blanket etc.
Yes sir we are within the rules still. He runs a 9.99 it has to be caged and looped

also comp license in events

They have had to change the rules because you have factory cars out there that break the rules lol

“Under these new guidelines, owners of Shelby GT 500, Corvette ZR-1, Dodge Demon, Tesla Plaid, or other highperformance vehicles will have the ability to participate in and enjoy NHRA Street Legal racing events without making extensive modifications to their cars.”

The event schedule is to be released sometime in January for the high school drags and other events. Hopefully I will be able to post more vids of him racing.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online