• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Frivolous poll while we're waiting for snow: What's worse, pizza edition

What is worse on pizza?

• Ranch Dressing

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The ranch isn't baked on the pizza. It's a dip AFTER the pizza is hot. The ranch is cold. There's one place in town that you get honey to dip the crust in. Now, they have big bready dough so it actually is pretty good. All that said NYC pizza, no dipping, just folded in half, is the way to go.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Never heard of ranch dressing and pizza and it sounds disgusting. Pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza. The only fruit that should be on pizza is tomatoes.

And olives, artichockes, eggplant, peppers, and mushrooms ( the part of the mushroom we eat is called the fruiting body of the larger fungi, which is mostly mycelium, so I'm using it here )

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am really in the mood for some anchovie pizza now.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 11.39.40 AM.png

a friend posted this on another board, restaurant in Tenerife...

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
While pineapple may not be a "traditional" topping, it's damn tasty when combined with the salty meat component.

Ranch dressing on the other hand, is merely something used to mask the awful flavor of crappy take-out chain pizza.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This thread made me think of a pizza place I went to fairly regularly when I studied abroad in college. They put some pretty absurd toppings on pizza, but it was always amazing. Corn seemed to be one of their favorite toppings, and you could add an egg to your pizza for a extra 100 HUF (well under 1 USD).

So I just decided to browse their website to see if they're still offering these oddities. Sure enough they are...and even better they now have a "Trump Pizza". It is 1/2 Mexican, 1/2 BBQ separated by bacon slices :roflmao:

(Moderators, feel free to delete that last part if you find this falls into the "political" arena).

Egg on pizza...for those of you who don't believe me
Untitled.png

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last night I had a first: pulled pork, black bean, onions, and guacamole pizza.
Not terrible, but not sure it'll be first on the list for me next time.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My Wisconsin wife will make a Packer pizza shaped like a football for game watching parties. That's bratwurst, sauerkraut, onions, and shredded cheddar over a brown mustard/oil sauce. As far as we can tell, that combination is her creation, but we've seen similar takes on this.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
So I just decided to browse their website to see if they're still offering these oddities. Sure enough they are...and even better they now have a "Trump Pizza". It is 1/2 Mexican, 1/2 BBQ separated by bacon slices :roflmao:

(Moderators, feel free to delete that last part if you find this falls into the "political" arena).

View attachment 83389

If that's deemed too political I fear humor is truly dead.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This thread made me think of a pizza place I went to fairly regularly when I studied abroad in college. They put some pretty absurd toppings on pizza, but it was always amazing. Corn seemed to be one of their favorite toppings, and you could add an egg to your pizza for a extra 100 HUF (well under 1 USD).

Egg on pizza...for those of you who don't believe me
View attachment 83389
I often make pizza with arugula and fried egg on top. It's really good!

Sponsor

Staff online