• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Frivolous poll while we're waiting for snow: What's worse, pizza edition

What is worse on pizza?

• Ranch Dressing

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had a co-worker that put Old Bay on everything...including pizza....but he was from Maryland so I kinda understood.

James

Out There
Instructor
Any chance Naples is near Tuscany. We're planning a trip to main europe next summer but not sure Italy's on the agenda
Well Vermont is near Nyc. It would be likely Killington and southern Vt n comparison. Of course what’s Nyc? Could take an hour to go down through Manhattan orget across Queens and Brooklyn.

Though in Italy trains are an option. Well Amtrak has the Vermonter too. So, it’s just like Italy. Till you leave the station and are stranded in Vt. Still you could have salad pizza with ranch on it. So that’s a plus. One might be deported in Italy for that as obviously the person is insane.

Amalfi Coast south of Naples really is something. Sicily is way under rated, and you could ski there on an active volcano. (In winter)

This poll is like, "Would you like a round to the right side of your head or the left?"
Depends how creative one is.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Cheers for keeping an open mind and trying stuff. Hmmm guac on pizza.... I would definitely try that..............
Oh geez... That went off in a direction I didn't expect.

The food I mentioned were my opinion in general, not with respect to having those on a pizza.

Though apparently there are some folks who really like Mexican pizza.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Well Vermont is near Nyc. It would be likely Killington and southern Vt n comparison. Of course what’s Nyc? Could take an hour to go down through Manhattan orget across Queens and Brooklyn.

Though in Italy trains are an option. Well Amtrak has the Vermonter too. So, it’s just like Italy. Till you leave the station and are stranded in Vt. Still you could have salad pizza with ranch on it. So that’s a plus. One might be deported in Italy for that as obviously the person is insane.

Amalfi Coast south of Naples really is something. Sicily is way under rated, and you could ski there on an active volcano. (In winter)

Depends how creative one is.

That's helpful, thank you. Plus salad pizza with ranch to dip, win win but for the record I'd never, ever do that in Italy, that's purely US behavior. I wouldn't even do that in Canada. Hmmm Poutine pizza........... there's an idea.

Italy is definitely on the list now.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Oh geez... That went off in a direction I didn't expect.

The food I mentioned were my opinion in general, not with respect to having those on a pizza.

Though apparently there are some folks who really like Mexican pizza.

upload_2019-10-24_16-33-57.jpeg

:roflmao:

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
There was an Italian restaurant in south Arlington near the Eisenhower metro that served everything on a pizza. You ordered spaghetti, it was served on a pizza. Lasagna on a pizza. That was 30 years ago. I don’t know how it faired, but if you like pizza, you could get your fill.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Taco pizza. I have had it once. It did not taste bad. Did I mention that I was really hungry, and the pizza was free? And it did come with hot sauce packets. It looked pretty similar to below picture, though ours had so many chips on it you could not tell that there was a pizza underneath. Yes, those are corn chips on the pizza. No, they don't stay crispy very long with all that warm lettuce and tomato nearby.

happy-joes-pizza.jpg

Photo is from this article: https://www.bonappetit.com/story/happy-joes-taco-pizza

Definitely memorable for me, eating it for the first time recently. I had no idea it existed and went to the breakroom to get pizza for lunch.

My thoughts, while staring into a mound of what appears to be doritos inside a pizza box:
"That's a weird way to serve chips with pizza. OK, I guess I'll get some chips to go with this slice of pepperoni. They must not have another way to deliver chips, like, in a bag."
"That's weird, these chips are really damp and soft, gross."
"OMG, there's a pizza under this mound of chips."
"Hmm, for science, I shall try this unholy abomination."
"Hmm, this is actually OK tasting, despite the soggy chips. I must be really hungry."
"Wait, why was I the first to take a slice..."

The other option was BLT ranch pizza, which was quite foul.

I did go back for a second slice of taco pizza... There was only one slice missing when I went back. Confirmed that I was in fact, very hungry. The second slice, most went in the trash.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
For the record, Mamie likes ziti on her pizza. She worked in Jersey for a while. Never understood it. Not gonna say a thing either. I am not as stupid as I look.

I remember being in a Italian restaurant in mid Manhattan, early '80s, with couple of Italian guys from the office. The waiter asked whether we would like some bread. One of the guy sneered, "We are not peasants. we don't have bread with our pasta." :roflmao::roflmao:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
For the record, Mamie likes ziti on her pizza. She worked in Jersey for a while. Never understood it. Not gonna say a thing either. I am not as stupid as I look.

I remember being in a Italian restaurant in mid Manhattan, early '80s, with couple of Italian guys from the office. The waiter asked whether we would like some bread. One of the guy sneered, "We are not peasants. we don't have bread with our pasta." :roflmao::roflmao:

You don't look stupid at all. Ziti on Pizza, I'd try that.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There's a lot of hate for the Hawaiian pizza...we heard it up here because apparently it was a Canadian thing... ?? :huh:
Ranch is winning in the "doesn't belong on pizza" poll. So, evidently pineapple isn't despised as much as you think.

James

Out There
Instructor
Hawaiian pizza, pineapple and ham, if done well is really good. Not traditional but still very good. You have to manage the water from the fruit somehow though.

Anyone who even considers slathering ranch on a pie doesn't even get a vote imo, (backed by 95%+ of Italy). Nor ziti btw. (@KingGrump, remember the gringo fish sauce debacle? That's the opposite with ziti on pizza. Would make a great Bruce Springsteen spoof song)

Plus salad pizza with ranch to dip, win win but for the record I'd never, ever do that in Italy, that's purely US behavior. I wouldn't even do that in Canada.
You definitely should order a salad pizza in Canada. That way they can apologize for making it.

South Jersey?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Hawaiian pizza, pineapple and ham, if done well is really good. Not traditional but still very good. You have to manage the water from the fruit somehow though.

Anyone who even considers slathering ranch on a pie doesn't even get a vote imo, (backed by 95%+ of Italy). Nor ziti btw. (@KingGrump, remember the gringo fish sauce debacle? That's the opposite with ziti on pizza. Would make a great Bruce Springsteen spoof song)

You definitely should order a salad pizza in Canada. That way they can apologize for making it.

South Jersey?

Lololololol I don't slather ranch on my pizza, I dip my slice into ranch on a little side plate. :)

Not salad pizza in Canada silly, poutine pizza eh. That would be interesting lol

I've never had the pinneaple drizzle issue thankfully when eating hawaiian pizza

We must meet one day, you crack me up.

Sponsor

Staff online