• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Frivolous poll while we're waiting for snow: What's worse, pizza edition

What is worse on pizza?

• Ranch Dressing

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ranch on pizza--who does that? Ick. Really, never heard this was a thing before this poll.
Pineapple, well at least you can pick off the pieces and pretend not to taste whatever lingers.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Now that's odd. What did they think they were?

Note to self, scrap ranch dressing on xmas list. Substitute a half gallon of creamy "blue cheese" dressing for dbostedo instead. .

View attachment 82876

If you like ranch, that might make sense on it
With pizza, I think a line should at least be drawn with if it can't stand the heat of the oven, it should be a garnish or left off.
Meg Ryan would never call that arugula on the pizza a garnish.

I first had pineapple on pizza in Boulder in the early 90's. As I recsll there was a place that made half baked pizzas that were frozen and you baked it at home. Had mandarin oranges on it too. It was very good.
The local place that serves arugala on pizza makes sure it wilts before serving it, but the taste is still pretty fresh and I love it!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
The best way to eat ranch on pizza is to have it drizzled on AFTER you cook it. Buffalo chicken or chicken bacon pizza with a drizzle of ranch dressing on top....yum.

And....for all those that are shaming heated ranch on pizza. Have you ever cooked with mayo? It's the same thing, but with a bunch of spices to drown out the mayo flavor.

Thank you for the ranch support

:beercheer:

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Both are worse. Yuck.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I've tried ranch several times... I do keep trying things I don't like, since every now and then it changes... but so far, ranch hasn't taken. Neither have olives, or mustard, or a bunch a other stuff. Guacamole has won me over however.

Cheers for keeping an open mind and trying stuff. Hmmm guac on pizza.... I would definitely try that..............

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
you should look into it -great region that coast is possibly the most gorgeous area of Italy, highly recommend it.

Discovering the anchovies on pizza was fish was a major disappointment to my British vegetarian friends. They always wished they had never known.

I know nothing about what's near where in Italy. I've just recently learned my SO would like to go to Tuscany so I imagine we'll go here one day. Any chance Naples is near Tuscany. We're planning a trip to main europe next summer but not sure Italy's on the agenda.

My dad used to eat pizza with anchovies............. you can't get rid of the smell even if you take then off... I still loved him though :)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
BLT pizza? Lettuce & tomato? That's not a pizza. That is a salad. :nono:

But spinach pizza is exceptionally good!

Mexican food is so good on its own I'm not sure why you would combine it with pizza...

Same with Buffalo chicken pizza.. What a way to ruin two otherwise very good things...

Next question.. Is it OK to eat a NY slice with a knife and fork, even when it's still too hot to hold and fold??

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This poll is like, "Would you like a round to the right side of your head or the left?"

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Mexican food is so good on its own I'm not sure why you would combine it with pizza...

If you've never had it, you don't know what you're missing.

A good brick oven pizza covered in taco toppings :drool:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My SO is more of a purest so his ideal pizza is sausage on a cheese pizza. He does like it when we order a plain cheese and I roast a bunch of veggies at home and throw it on. Aside from that though I'm the wild and crazy one.

Really feeling like pizza for tonight.

Oh the choices......

Hawaiian with a side of ranch or a taco pizza with a side of guac....

It is Thursday night football after all.....

Now we'll have dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow ogsmile

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Same with Buffalo chicken pizza.. What a way to ruin tow otherwise very good things...

Next question.. Is it OK to eat a NY slice with a knife and fork, even when it's still too hot to hold and fold??
No, you have to burn the roof of your mouth...

Reactions: Ogg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The local place that serves arugala on pizza makes sure it wilts before serving it, but the taste is still pretty fresh and I love it!

Like the arugula on the pizza @Marker mentioned. It is in the execution. Wilted down, most green leafy vegetables will often lighten the taste of the pizza without tasting like a salad. Think acid on fried food.
I have seen some pizza joints place couple large hand full of greens on top of a pizza and dress it with oil & vinegar. That, to me, is a salad. No if and/or but.

Dude, too hot to hold?

HTFU.jpeg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How about the BLT pizza with mayonnaise? Even though I am slightly adverse to mayo due to childhood events, it's ok cooked into a BLT pizza.

Sponsor

Staff online