• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Frivolous poll while we're waiting for snow: What's worse, pizza edition

What is worse on pizza?

• Ranch Dressing

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I live in a world of Ranch dressing and never heard of using in on pizza until I moved to Tahoe.

Believe me when I say, I make homemade ranch and friends who never liked ranch like mine. I like it on salads and wings, but I absolutely hate any form of commercial ranch dressing ever produced.

*probably because my Ranch is made with mayo not Miracle Whip.....;)

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I live in a world of Ranch dressing and never heard of using in on pizza until I moved to Tahoe.

Believe me when I say, I make homemade ranch and friends who never liked ranch like mine. I like it on salads and wings, but I absolutely hate any form of commercial ranch dressing ever produced.

*probably because my Ranch is made with mayo not Miracle Whip.....;)

I'm pretty sure I'd hate it. ;)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That's not an open mind....just saying.

I've tried ranch several times... I do keep trying things I don't like, since every now and then it changes... but so far, ranch hasn't taken. Neither have olives, or mustard, or a bunch a other stuff. Guacamole has won me over however.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
BLT pizza, buffalo chicken pizza with ranch, Canadian bacon and dill pickle pizza ... they're open-faced sandwiches.

Reminds me of when I was a kid and we had more hamburgers than buns. We'd cut the hamburger and put it on a hot dog roll. That did not make it a hot dog.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
try ordering that in Naples, if they don't throw you out you will just be ignored.

Pizza in Italy could use a bit of an up date but don't ever say that.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I like to eat /drink like the locals do when I travel internationally. My Cali style of pizza eating doesn't travel with me, just my passport. ogsmile

That said Naples isn't on my travel list.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like to eat /drink like the locals do when I travel internationally. My Cali style of pizza eating doesn't travel with me, just my passport. ogsmile

That said Naples isn't on my travel list.

you should look into it -great region that coast is possibly the most gorgeous area of Italy, highly recommend it.

Discovering the anchovies on pizza was fish was a major disappointment to my British vegetarian friends. They always wished they had never known.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
BLT pizza, buffalo chicken pizza with ranch, Canadian bacon and dill pickle pizza ... they're open-faced sandwiches.
:roflmao::thumb::roflmao::thumb::roflmao::thumb::roflmao::thumb::roflmao:
Reminds me of when I was a kid and we had more hamburgers than buns. We'd cut the hamburger and put it on a hot dog roll. That did not make it a hot dog.
:hail::hug::hail::hug::hail::hug::hail::hug::hail:

YES!!!! to both quotes.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The best way to eat ranch on pizza is to have it drizzled on AFTER you cook it. Buffalo chicken or chicken bacon pizza with a drizzle of ranch dressing on top....yum.

And....for all those that are shaming heated ranch on pizza. Have you ever cooked with mayo? It's the same thing, but with a bunch of spices to drown out the mayo flavor.

James

Out There
Instructor
Discovering the anchovies on pizza was fish was a major disappointment to my British vegetarian friends.
Now that's odd. What did they think they were?

Ranch dressing is disgusting in any form. Pineapple on pizza can be good. Why is this even a question?
Note to self, scrap ranch dressing on xmas list. Substitute a half gallon of creamy "blue cheese" dressing for dbostedo instead. .

IMG_6733.JPG

If you like ranch, that might make sense on it
With pizza, I think a line should at least be drawn with if it can't stand the heat of the oven, it should be a garnish or left off.
Meg Ryan would never call that arugula on the pizza a garnish.

I first had pineapple on pizza in Boulder in the early 90's. As I recsll there was a place that made half baked pizzas that were frozen and you baked it at home. Had mandarin oranges on it too. It was very good.

Sponsor

Staff online