• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I really enjoy these videos by Sven Coomer -

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
My son just bought a pair from Sven and it was a great buying experience, my so had quite a bit o emails back and forth, and Sven sent out the Zipfit’s and after fitting them he had a great first day on them and I skied with him yesterday and it was great seeing him comfortable in is ski boots for the first time ever !! I honesty cannot figure why there is so much resistance to go the Zipfit route. I know they are not cheap but in the long run I think they are a great value.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My son just bought a pair from Sven and it was a great buying experience, my so had quite a bit o emails back and forth, and Sven sent out the Zipfit’s and after fitting them he had a great first day on them and I skied with him yesterday and it was great seeing him comfortable in is ski boots for the first time ever !! I honesty cannot figure why there is so much resistance to go the Zipfit route. I know they are not cheap but in the long run I think they are a great value.

I know. After watching these videos I feel like I want to work for Sven.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool, I'll be getting some as well. I listened to Sven's Podcast on Blistergear this morning and now wonder if I haven't met him before with our mutual connection to Mammoth, the Mccoys, Footloose, etc.

I've watched those videos many times -- kind of mesmerizing.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I keep going back and forth between Zipfit and an Intuition wraparound liner. Zipfit looks great but I’m not sure I want to pull the liner out of a heat softened shell every single time.
B96AAF99-AF2D-4172-8980-BC364F3299F6.jpeg

Above is the stock liner which came with the boot (which is supposed to be heat moldable as well).

Anyone know where I can buy some fabric to resurface my footbeds?

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I keep going back and forth between Zipfit and an Intuition wraparound liner. Zipfit looks great but I’m not sure I want to pull the liner out of a heat softened shell every single time.

The real question is warmth and a small amount of convenience worth more to you than fit and performance or the other way around ????????

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Do you have a heated boot bag? If not, how hard is it to slide your foot/liner into a room temperature shell?

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I do have a heated ski bag, It is possible to get you foot in liner in shell ,but the heated bag makes life so much better, After having the bag it makes two things I would not live or in this case ski with out. At my age putting on a warm boot is better than ...

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well I have a few weeks to kill after having unplanned retina surgery. I’m past being in the confined to bed for 10 days phase, and can move around now but I can’t do anything too physical. Also I can’t do too much computer work until my vision returns.

SO, to help pass the time I decided to try an at home foot bed kit. Kind of fun - first phase came in the mail today and I heated them in the oven to conform to my foot. I just sent them to FOOT DYNAMICS in Boise to be finished. I’ll let you know how they turn out.
9CEC5366-DF98-4304-A2B7-E0C8907EADF5.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
Well I have a few weeks to kill after having unplanned retina surgery. I’m past being in the confined to bed for 10 days phase, and can move around now but I can’t do anything too physical. Also I can’t do too much computer work until my vision returns.

SO, to help pass the time I decided to try an at home foot bed kit. Kind of fun - first phase came in the mail today and I heated them in the oven to conform to my foot. I just sent them to FOOT DYNAMICS in Boise to be finished. I’ll let you know how they turn out.
View attachment 46261
What do you do for the kit?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
What do you do for the kit?

You give them a $50 credit card deposit for them to ship the kit.

They send you 2 blanks to heat at 275 in the oven for 2 minutes each. You line them up with the lines on the supplied blue foam and stand on them for a minute each.

Give them an outline of the stock insert and ship everything back to FOOT DYNAMICS.

Inserts should arrive in a few days.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
$50 is a very good deal for custom footbeds. Is it just an initial "deposit," or the full amount?

I'm assuming they come back "posted." Your assumption too? How rigid did they feel once shaped?

James

Out There
Instructor
I seriously doubt the total cost is $50. Likely 3x that.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In talking to Daleboot, they had a history of being a custom boot for pro athletes back in the day.
Because they are customized, they have become known as the "problem foot" boot builder.
For me, I don't have many issues with my feet, other than the normal high instep, bunion, cantingLLD...
But I was planning on doing a write up about the boot and the whole process.
Did you do a write up on this that I may have missed? I’m going to use the good juju from the Mother’s Day ski and purse purchase to get myself in new boots.

Sponsor

Staff online