• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am a Zipfit guy and swear by them, they are a good option if your shell fit is good , that sixth toe looks sore !!!. You can email Sven Coomer at Zipfit and he will give you some options, I have many friends wearing them and they are all happy, plus they outlast the shells.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
So you have a surefoot boot with a surefoot foam liner, with a surefoot guarantee ?

The Surefoot footbeds have been through 2 other pairs of boots not purchased at Surefoot.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m guessing the preferred boot from RACER’S EDGE is the FISCHER VACUUM?
13784A0F-14CF-474E-BD45-698AA2328FA1.jpeg

Any thoughts on Daleboot?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
View attachment 43344
Thoughts on Daleboots?

My sixth toe really can be painful at times. I haven’t skied for 2 weeks and it is still red.
View attachment 43350

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You definitely need a good bootfitter!

Besides getting the right shell and getting it worked on I would highly recommend an aftermarket liner. I have really enjoyed the Intuition Pro Tongues but they are stiff (which is something I wanted) compared to stock liners. Intuition has a bunch of nice liner options.

If you just want a traditional 4 buckle, two piece overlap shell then there is no need to spend too much on the shell. I would get last year's Lange RS or similar. Spend the money on the fitting and the liner.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any thoughts on Daleboot?
Daleboot is a viable option. What is a shame is that they have been pigeoned holed into a problem fixer when they actually are a viable option for a normal foot too. @Tricia got fit with a pair in SLC and were supposed to pick them up at California Ski Company but have yet been able to get down there.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You've asked multiple times about Daleboot.
Earlier you said your wife wouldn't be stoked on full price boots. You won't find a deal on Daleboot, but I'm betting you'll have a great fit out of them.

I can't speak for all shops but I know there are some good deals to be had where I've been fitting, and there are some good options for narrow feet.
In the end, you won't find a good fit on line, but you can get some good ideas on how and where to get a good fit.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Earlier you said your wife wouldn't be stoked on full price boots. You won't find a deal on Daleboot, but I'm betting you'll have a great fit out of them.

I can't speak for all shops but I know there are some good deals to be had where I've been fitting, and there are some good options for narrow feet.
In the end, you won't find a good fit on line, but you can get some good ideas on how and where to get a good fit.

I am in agreement with Tricia x 3. I was able to return the 10.2 and only bought it after skiing the X-Pro 2 days without any work on the shell and my 105mm right foot wedged in. Even though I have some numbness since wearing the X-Pros around Christmas, my foot is happy again.
boots.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Finances have changed a bit. I’ll spend around $800, or maybe a bit more if necessary.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Daleboot is a viable option. What is a shame is that they have been pigeoned holed into a problem fixer when they actually are a viable option for a normal foot too. @Tricia got fit with a pair in SLC and were supposed to pick them up at California Ski Company but have yet been able to get down there.
Being in SLC I’ve been into Daleboot a few times recently but never seriously to be fitted.
Has the performance of the boots always been what it is now or how did they become the problem foot company? Should @Tricia expect to put the boot on and not have to worry about additional adjustments unless her foot changes?
Should someone expect it to be more comfortable than a fitter could get a boot to?
It seems the benefit of building it around your foot can’t be matched by anyone else and the cost isn't any greater than buying a boot from a fitter.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Being in SLC I’ve been into Daleboot a few times recently but never seriously to be fitted.
Has the performance of the boots always been what it is now or how did they become the problem foot company? Should @Tricia expect to put the boot on and not have to worry about additional adjustments unless her foot changes?
Should someone expect it to be more comfortable than a fitter could get a boot to?
It seems the benefit of building it around your foot can’t be matched by anyone else and the cost isn't any greater than buying a boot from a fitter.
In talking to Daleboot, they had a history of being a custom boot for pro athletes back in the day.
Because they are customized, they have become known as the "problem foot" boot builder.
For me, I don't have many issues with my feet, other than the normal high instep, bunion, cantingLLD...
But I was planning on doing a write up about the boot and the whole process.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m kind of liking these - just need them custom fit.
03B26177-71FD-46D5-8DC3-850782CE47B2.png

E2268AEA-9697-47A4-8D5C-B5170E2067D0.png

coops

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’m kind of liking these - just need them custom fit.

Why - you like the colour? ogwink

As mentioned above - get some Zipfit liners and keep your shells.

Jans at Park City amongst others - get a good fittter tomchoose the right volume zipfit liner, heat them up and fit 'em with a pad on that 6th toe to give you a bit of relief there...

Got zipfits for my 2015 Atomic Hawx 120s there and the heel hold, performance and comfort is astounding.

Later in a few years, you can transfer the zipfits t a new boot when you do need new ones.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Why - you like the colour? ogwink

As mentioned above - get some Zipfit liners and keep your shells.

Jans at Park City amongst others - get a good fittter tomchoose the right volume zipfit liner, heat them up and fit 'em with a pad on that 6th toe to give you a bit of relief there...

Got zipfits for my 2015 Atomic Hawx 120s there and the heel hold, performance and comfort is astounding.

Later in a few years, you can transfer the zipfits t a new boot when you do need new ones.

Not so much the color but the styling. I keep going back and forth between Daleboot and the Tecnicas.

I know it’s not cool, but as a designer the look of a boot is important to me as well. I love the way Daleboot is built around each individual’s foot - it’s just they really don’t have the design appeal.

I was researching Zipfit liners on the web last night. They do seem to be the way to go.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I am a Zipfit guy and swear by them, they are a good option if your shell fit is good , that sixth toe looks sore !!!. You can email Sven Coomer at Zipfit and he will give you some options, I have many friends wearing them and they are all happy, plus they outlast the shells.

I just checked online and I can get Zipfit Liner’s at the Racer’s Edge in Breck (where Doug Briggs works).

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Any thoughts on a Zipfit liner vs. an Intuition liner?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Also thoughts on a LV fit shell (which I currently have) with a thinner Zipfit liner
AS OPPOSED TO
MV fit shell with a thicker Zipfit liner?

I'm guessing stick to a LV shell....

Sponsor

Staff online