• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
6th toe is the easiest area to accomidate and should not be the initial focus. Address the back half of the foot and accomidate the front half.

My current LV Langes seem to address that problem. My inner ankles used to get pretty raw but no longer with my current Langes.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well as they say on "American Pickers", I pulled the trigger on these. I'll have them punched and customized next time I'm in Breck at A Racer's Edge.

If I can use my old Surefoot footbeds fine, if not I'll get some new footbeds.
03B26177-71FD-46D5-8DC3-850782CE47B2.png

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If your foot is LV, then go with a LV boot.
But there are many things to factor into the equation.
Ankle, heel, instep, .....
If you have a high instep, one boot may be better for you than another. If you have a low instep, another may be better.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well as they say on "American Pickers", I pulled the trigger on these. I'll have them punched and customized next time I'm in Breck at A Racer's Edge.

If I can use my old Surefoot footbeds fine, if not I'll get some new footbeds.
View attachment 43497

I'm curious... if you're going to go to Racer's Edge anyway, why not just get a fitting done there and see what may fit you best? Perhaps whatever they would have picked, would have looked as good design-wise too.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any thoughts on Daleboot?
I love mine. Don't have problem feet, but their website used to have a photo of a foot with... I don't know, six toes and two of them going the completely wrong way?... something like that, and they made that guy happy so...

The only thing I don't like about them is that in sloppy conditions water gets in through the sliding spats and liner seam down to the toe, so your socks get wet. The fix is easy though: good black duck tape. I'd buy them again.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm curious... if you're going to go to Racer's Edge anyway, why not just get a fitting done there and see what may fit you best? Perhaps whatever they would have picked, would have looked as good design-wise too.

Saw the shells I want, and the earliest I will be in Breck again would be about in 10 weeks.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
Intuition has something like 15 different alpine ski boot liner models. You need the right model chosen for your needs. The wrong ones will never be right and might not even fit your boot volume. The right ones can be very good.
https://intuitionliners.com/product-category/the-liners/

I've used Zipfits with good results.

Where do the Tecnica and Nordica lines diverge? They are the same company. If some of the models are identical except for color, that might offer a chance to hunt for a better price on a preferred model from the other label. (The same might apply for Lange & Rossi, and Salomon & Atomic.)

Aren't the September sales the best time to buy boots? The retailers have their new stock plus the left overs, and they want some cash to start paying for that new inventory, so prices can be good. I think there's a better chance of getting the best boot for one's feet due to the wider selection.

Phil, please explain your comments about the Harb Alignment Center boots. My main ski partners (four) all are on their boots (Head & Dalbello) and fitting & alignment with great results. My Harb footbeds have worked very well for me.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I got fitted and bought Daleboots 13 months ago, at the main store in downtown SLC. It took a week after fitting to get the boots. After skiing three days went back and had a few adjustments made. As I mentioned elsewhere here on Pugski shortly after, for the first time ever I could turn left without some stemming of my right ski because my leg is now properly aligned. Boots are as comfortable as any others -- maybe 15 pairs or so -- I've worn. Price was as above, within a few bucks of $900 (about half the quote I was given elsewhere). I'm quite happy, YMMV of course.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
And here they are - now for some tweaks next time I’m in Breck (or any ski resort). I will be vacationing in the San Juan Islands in July and could stop at a shop in Seattle.
A8193F7B-54DC-4897-B1C7-4DDF1F59E412.jpeg

BB971392-8635-41A3-B55F-8628EFF301D7.jpeg

Liners seem real good - not sure if I’ll keep or go with a Zipfit or Intuition liner.

Will get alignment, punch, maybe stretch a tad.

Not sure if I will get new footbed or use my old surefoot footbed. Phil said he would send me some new material for my footbeds.

Ski Shop should gross $300 or $400 in services from me if any of you are concerned. I was just anxious to get the boots in my hands.

65AE928C-70C7-4D9F-89BC-8BA37D4FCAB1.png

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
And here they are - now for some tweaks next time I’m in Breck (or any ski resort). I will be vacationing in the San Juan Islands in July and could stop at a shop in Seattle.
View attachment 43875
View attachment 43876

Liners seem real good - not sure if I’ll keep or go with a Zipfit or Intuition liner.

Will get alignment, punch, maybe stretch a tad.

Not sure if I will get new footbed or use my old surefoot footbed. Phil said he would send me some new material for my footbeds.

Ski Shop should gross $300 or $400 in services from me if any of you are concerned. I was just anxious to get the boots in my hands.

View attachment 43877

Come to Colorado now, its a great time of year. Not busy at all, good snow and lots of terrain still open to test your new boots!

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Come to Colorado now, its a great time of year. Not busy at all, good snow and lots of terrain still open to test your new boots!

Just there a few weeks ago in Breck. Sadly my Mom passed away here and we are wrapping things up.

But yes, I am tempted, VERY TEMPTED, to head back for a long weekend.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Years ago my wife would run in the Bolder Boulder — we would combine those trips with spring skiing at A-basin.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have the same boot , 2016 model, and i put a new Zip Fit Leather Grand Prix Stelth in them and have an great fit with superior heel hold. good luck

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the same boot , 2016 model, and i put a new Zip Fit Leather Grand Prix Stelth in them and have an great fit with superior heel hold. good luck

You have the Low Volume model and Zipfts worked fine?

The stock liners seem pretty good and can be heat formed. I’ll see what the boot fitter says.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was already spoiled that I had Zipfits in my old Tecnica race 110 and although the new boot with factory liners were comfortable I could not deal with the heel hold and bought the new Zipfits. they are a must for me , will never go without them, and yes they work way better than fine

bigskymtnguy

Booting up
Skier
I've been fitting and skiing DaleBoot (same pair) for the last 11 years. Actually more than 11 years if you count fitting DaleBoot back at Southworth's Ski Shop in Killington back in the early 80's. I'm sold on DaleBoot's ability to fit almost any foot abnormality. I've experimented with Zipfit and BootDoc Foam liners with success in the DaleBoot. Given the variety of Intuitions available they are hard to beat...especially for folks who like the feel of the Wrap Liner and for folks seeking a bit of extra warmth. I recently added a Fischer Vacuum machine so I'd be able to offer a boot with Dynafit binding compatibility. I find The Vac works not only on Fischer, but Atomic and Salomon. Quite a machine!

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Breaking in my new boots around the house -
2451433A-2AB9-454D-B769-2D8F06C01CA9.jpeg

...and outside it continues to snow — pretty unusual for Omaha in mid-April.
4772DE71-BA16-4355-B8EA-A97D96DDC1AD.jpeg