• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
$50 is a very good deal for custom footbeds. Is it just an initial "deposit," or the full amount?

I'm assuming they come back "posted." Your assumption too? How rigid did they feel once shaped?

Total cost is $139 plus shipping (initial deposit is $50). They should arrive later this week.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Did you do a write up on this that I may have missed? I’m going to use the good juju from the Mother’s Day ski and purse purchase to get myself in new boots.
I haven't done the write up yet. We have to finish the set up.

bigskymtnguy

Booting up
Skier
I've sold DaleBoot and had hands on since the 80's. I personally have skied the same pair for the last ten years. I usually don't ell DaleBoot to skiers with very narrow feet. I recommend you go with a Custom Fischer Vacuum boot with narrow last, new custom footbed, and possibly replace the stock liner with Intuition. Just my 2 cents.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I've sold DaleBoot and had hands on since the 80's. I personally have skied the same pair for the last ten years. I usually don't ell DaleBoot to skiers with very narrow feet. I recommend you go with a Custom Fischer Vacuum boot with narrow last, new custom footbed, and possibly replace the stock liner with Intuition. Just my 2 cents.

I have a really narrow foot.

Anxious to read a write up of Daleboot.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
An instructor friend of mine with narrow feet went the Daleboot way two years ago. He ended up sending them back. They honored the return. The boots were too wide.

What surprised me was that neither the bootfitter involved in brokering the order nor Daleboot themselves, after reading my friend's measurements, bothered to inform him that the boots would inevitably be too wide for a performance fit. Daleboot should have known when they got the measurements. The bootfitter should have informed them that this buyer was looking for a performance fit to solve numerous problems he'd lived with in previous boots.

Daleboot, if they were paying attention and if they cared, should have responded with an evaluation of how well the boot would conform to a "performance" fit before filling the order. I don't know where the communication broke down. Prior to that I had read that Daleboot could fit wide feet but not narrow feet. Since his experience I'm convinced it's true.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well I have a few weeks to kill after having unplanned retina surgery. I’m past being in the confined to bed for 10 days phase, and can move around now but I can’t do anything too physical. Also I can’t do too much computer work until my vision returns.

SO, to help pass the time I decided to try an at home foot bed kit. Kind of fun - first phase came in the mail today and I heated them in the oven to conform to my foot. I just sent them to FOOT DYNAMICS in Boise to be finished. I’ll let you know how they turn out.
View attachment 46261

The final product a week later.
4B99513D-E6F8-4F6C-A38F-B6C7FCCA502E.jpeg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have Zipfits from a previous boot, but they did not fit into my Technical Mach1’s. I was really bummed.

James

Out There
Instructor
An instructor friend of mine with narrow feet went the Daleboot way two years ago. He ended up sending them back. They honored the return. The boots were too wide.

What surprised me was that neither the bootfitter involved in brokering the order nor Daleboot themselves, after reading my friend's measurements, bothered to inform him that the boots would inevitably be too wide for a performance fit. Daleboot should have known when they got the measurements. The bootfitter should have informed them that this buyer was looking for a performance fit to solve numerous problems he'd lived with in previous boots.

Daleboot, if they were paying attention and if they cared, should have responded with an evaluation of how well the boot would conform to a "performance" fit before filling the order. I don't know where the communication broke down. Prior to that I had read that Daleboot could fit wide feet but not narrow feet. Since his experience I'm convinced it's true.
Good to know. Now crossing Daleboot off the list...