• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

"Asking for a friend" thread

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Wider, especially to make room for the big toe
Your friend will need to verify that the shell has adequate space first, that expanding the liner will actually provide more room once it is back in the shell.

"My friend" had pressure at the 10 o'clock area on the right big toe and 2 o'clock on the left. Shells seemed to have space in those areas -- the front of the liner tapered more than the shell. Bootfitter removed stitching on the front of the liner, made vertical slits in the liner material so it could expand where needed. I put the liner on and weighted it so the foot would extend the liner as much as it needed. While weighted, bootfitter duct taped the end of the liner to hold the cut fabric in place (and cover the gaps in the fabric).

I was told that if I need additional room at, say, the 9 o'clock area, I can just replicate what he did.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Use a hockey puck.

Asking for a friend: is there any way to stretch the toe box of a boot liner in the comfort of one’s house and saving a trip to a shop?

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
My friend wants to know if there is any particular gaps in his ski quiver by width that he should look to fill. Quiver consists of 79, 88, 95, 110 widths.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Sounds like you need a 103, or a 120+.... er, I mean your friend needs them... yeah, your friend.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My friend wants to know if there is any particular gaps in his ski quiver by width that he should look to fill. Quiver consists of 79, 88, 95, 110 widths.
he is missing 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86. 87. 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 94, 96, 97, 98, 99, 199, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 and 109.

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm thinking he needs something a little more fun and lively possibly at each end of the spectrum. He tends to have and like metal in skis that are super damp crudbusters and he skis at mach 9 cause he doesn't have any skills.

Oh and he's a light weight guy at 5'11 and 160lbs.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Remember, width is only one factor. For each of those widths, have you considered skis with reverse camber, stiffer or softer, different side cut ... ?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Under the subtitle, "What could possibly go wrong"....Eating not one but a couple of gummies..then finding out they were not pot gummies but LSD gummies. And there goes the afternoon.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
"how to change your mind"' - Michael Pollan

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
How many gifts or favors are required to make amends when you forget to pick up your wife at the airport? -- Asking for a friend.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
If my grandson is being raised born-again Christian, is it OK to tell him about other religions, and say that what he believes is ultimately his choice?

Asking for a friend.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If my grandson is being raised born-again Christian, is it OK to tell him about other religions, and say that what he believes is ultimately his choice?

Asking for a friend.
It’s perfectly OK for your friend to tell his grandson anything he wants. It’s also perfectly OK for the born-again parents to voice their objections. Then the fun begins and in that case it’s perfectly OK to call a counselor for family counseling.

Sponsor

Staff online