• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

"Asking for a friend" thread

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is where you post questions you are too embarrassed to ask for yourself, by adding "Asking for a friend" removes all judgment. What ya got?

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So...”a friend of mine” keeps asking me what level skier does one need to be to attend and enjoy the many great Gatherings?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So...”a friend of mine” keeps asking me what level skier does one need to be to attend and enjoy the many great Gatherings?

In order to attend, you have to SAY you're at least a level seven. In order to enjoy, you have to be able to stumble your way awkwardly down an easy blue groomer and then be able to talk rapturously about it afterward with all the other level seven Pugs who were doing the same thing along with you. In other words, you just have to love skiing.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
In order to attend, you have to SAY you're at least a level seven. In order to enjoy, you have to be able to stumble your way awkwardly down an easy blue groomer and then be able to talk rapturously about it afterward with all the other level seven Pugs who were doing the same thing along with you. In other words, you just have to love skiing.
Isn't there the requirement that your liver be relatively insensitive to alcohol?

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So. A friend of mine asked what it takes to be taken out... By Gwyneth Paltrow.

I thought it was preposterous. But I have to ask ... For him allright?

:wag:

So first, you need, like me, to be a bigger fan of her mom, Blythe Danner. Not difficult if you're old enough.

Second, you need to cook better than Gwyneth. Again, not difficult. However, you need to hide that light under a bushel and just use it to make her cooking look better when friends are over.

Finally - this is the hard part - you need to learn Welsh. Good luck.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Isn't there the requirement that your liver be relatively insensitive to alcohol?

This is why there is a whole Shotzski Lounge forum. Note that this does NOT mean I will ever touch Ullr again. Blech.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
A friend wants to know if his skis will have to pass a true bar test before skiing with Pugs. That's true-bar as in tuning police. This is not a drinking game. I told him the spring exemption period starts the last weekend in March and he is all good. Please confirm.

Chris V.

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A friend wants to know if his skis will have to pass a true bar test before skiing with Pugs. That's true-bar as in tuning police. This is not a drinking game. I told him the spring exemption period starts the last weekend in March and he is all good. Please confirm.

MY skis carry the reminder of every blow that laid them low, or cut them til they cried out on their anger and their pain, I am leaving, I am leaving, but the skis still remain.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When will Colmar or Schneider bib stretch pants come back? Asking for a friend with bad knees, that friggin DRIVES fashion, rather than follows it!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Is a 1.75L bottle of bourbon a single serving bottle? Asking for a friend.
A friend told me that half a 1.75 of Scotch is at least a single serving, whether he knew he drank it or not.

Sponsor

Staff online