• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

"Asking for a friend" thread

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Seeking alternate approaches, as my "friend" sees the bank statement daily, in this day of fraud.

Hoard cash and use Western Union or Money Gram. Or consider a prepaid debit card funded with the hoarded cash. Green dot has been used by sketchy people for the better part of a decade.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After that last 8 page thread on Blue, I cringe every time I see this name. Can we move it to a list of things that shall not be mentioned anymore?
NO it is a nice "small local mountain" and places like Blue are the backbone of the ski industry because they feed skiers to the big name resorts. Without these feeder mountain skiers might not start the sport, because they have to learn somewhere.

Eh, sorry, my friend didn't think about that, but Blue has the most vertical in PA, so it will be discussed by his many friends that ski the Poconos and post here. He wouldn't be a Killington regular if he hadn't progressed from JF (yeah!) and Bear Creek (meh) to Blue and Elk.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Can one have too many tvs/monitors during NCAA March Madness?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nope.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So Freind wants to know: what should he tell his wife when a set of Renoun skis show up at the house while he’s at work and he didn’t tell his wife he purchased some?
spouseyoupaid.jpg

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Asking for a friend: is there any way to stretch the toe box of a boot liner in the comfort of one’s house and saving a trip to a shop?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Asking for a friend: is there any way to stretch the toe box of a boot liner in the comfort of one’s house and saving a trip to a shop?
Stretch in what direction, Longer or Wider?

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier

It’s a lot easier with the right equipment.

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
You keep the tape measure in the junk drawer. You do have a junk drawer?
You have just one junk drawer?

We have
The kitchen utensil junk drawer
The top dresser drawer junk drawer
The garage tool chest junk drawer
The living room secretary that still has the exact same stuff in it from when we moved 10 years ago junk drawer
The end table junk drawer
The lower chest full of old photos junk drawer
The board game junk drawer
The Tupperware home for unloved lids junk drawer
The under the range rusty cookie sheet junk drawer

And as if that isn't enough, the old 1980 kitchen cabinets and countertop were repurposed into a basement tuning bench, and those base cabinets have 4 drawers, which you guessed it, are about to turn into 4 waxy dull files and diamond stone junk drawers.

So how do I [I mean my friend] find his tape measure? (Asking for a friend)

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier

I've done it with a left handed muffler spanner wrench and a propane torch. Remember go slow or your boots will look like they are exhaust pipes on a dragster at take off.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Wider, especially to make room for the big toe
I have seen people open up the liner on a seem and remove some of the padding/insulation around the toe and stich up the liner after removing it. That may give you a bit more room in the toe.

Sponsor

Staff online