• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

"Asking for a friend" thread

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
You keep the tape measure in the junk drawer. You do have a junk drawer?

This requires putting the tape measure back. Which has never happened in the history of ever. Nightstand, check. Entertainment center, check. Office desk, check. Basement shelving, check. Garage shelving, check. Proper place? Never.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
When is it acceptable to say something to someone that cuts in front of you in a lift line? Just asking for a friend?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
A very close friend (the Wife ) got complaining about her purse getting too heavy. Finally cleaned it out and found EIGHT of the missing tape measures from around the house.
Her purse was liter.

You ... you're joking, right?

Although, maybe not. I purposely switched to a small purse in order to prevent just this sort of thing, and yet it's amazing what I find in there when I clean it out - a padlock. A bag full of screws. A pair of gloves. Two checkbooks (couldn't find one, so brought the other :doh: )

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When the temperatures are warm, slopes are getting bare of snow, and it's the last weekend of the season for your local resorts, is it OK to cry a little? Asking for a friend...
Asking for a friend, was it okay to tear up on the last lift ride of the season on closing day at Blue Mountain in PA. I mean, come on, it's Blue, not Camelback or Elk...

Uncle-A

Skier
Asking for a friend, was it okay to tear up on the last lift ride of the season on closing day at Blue Mountain in PA. I mean, come on, it's Blue, not Camelback or Elk...
Blue was still open on Saint Patrick Day and you may get a day or two this week.

Uncle-A

Skier
So Freind wants to know: what should he tell his wife when a set of Renoun skis show up at the house while he’s at work and he didn’t tell his wife he purchased some?
Your friend could tell his wife that he won them as a door prize. That is what a friend of mine does when he brings home a new fishing rod.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier

Blue was still open on Saint Patrick Day and you may get a day or two this week.

After that last 8 page thread on Blue, I cringe every time I see this name. Can we move it to a list of things that shall not be mentioned anymore?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
So Freind wants to know: what should he tell his wife when a set of Renoun skis show up at the house while he’s at work and he didn’t tell his wife he purchased some?

If it becomes an issue, for your friend, a safe response would be something like; "your new pair should be here in a couple of days Dear".

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Just tell her it's a gift and don't show her the CC bill.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Your friend could tell his wife that he won them as a door prize. That is what a friend of mine does when he brings home a new fishing rod.
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 7.23.45 PM.png

Uncle-A

Skier
After that last 8 page thread on Blue, I cringe every time I see this name. Can we move it to a list of things that shall not be mentioned anymore?
NO it is a nice "small local mountain" and places like Blue are the backbone of the ski industry because they feed skiers to the big name resorts. Without these feeder mountain skiers might not start the sport, because they have to learn somewhere.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When the temperatures are warm, slopes are getting bare of snow, and it's the last weekend of the season for your local resorts, is it OK to cry a little? Asking for a friend...

Not OK. Required of any true skier.

When one has enough cr@p in the throat to sound like John Bercow.

Or a voice like Tom Waits.

Just tell her it's a gift and don't show her the CC bill.

Seeking alternate approaches, as my "friend" sees the bank statement daily, in this day of fraud.

Sponsor

Staff online