• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The-Simpsons-Season-12-Episode-9-39-10d1.jpg

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, back to advice: I have two pairs of Smartwool briefs with a nylon wind panel sewn on top. Almost too hot unless it's really cold/windy.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I knew I shouldn't of read this read. Now I see these ads. Oh well.

upload_2018-11-14_14-12-11.png

I use polyester basketball shorts as my midlayer. That seems to help front and back.

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Looking for a underwear for cold blower days with a longer cut and a windproof section for "the boys".

If wind is your concern (you know, like when you forget to zip up and you feel the rush of cold air where you shouldn't), I saw this the other day browsing on their site for some base layers for my bike rides. No experience with it, though a bit expensive. The high back and windstopper fabric coupled with a bit of the au naturel insulation, should help keep things warm.

GORE C3 WINDSTOPPER Base Layer Boxer Shorts+

Last edited:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Not gonna lie, I really kind of appreciated the term Cold Junk, it would be a good brand name except that it's not a good thing. But I googled it anyway, and found a funny discussion on reddit that included this little gem of a rimshot:

"When snowboarding, I used my crotch to warm my hands. It never got cold."
"Oh, I use gloves!"

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Something feels weird about having read so many posts about how to keep another man’s junk warm.

I think I’ll go have a drink now and pretend it didn’t happen.

P.S., @Ron the solution is an extra smartwool hiking sock, perhaps the lonely one the laundry monster did not eat, installed as anatomy dictates prior to donning the real base layer.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Layers, dude.

I have Ibex (RIP) Woolies 1 (lighter) for warmer days, and Woolies 2 boot length (mid-weight) for colder days. Icebreaker and Smartwool probably have equivalents. On colder colder days, I add a Powestretch boot length layer.

I also have insualted Patagonia pants when I need them.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
another problem with layers, is that one always has a fly and the other always doesn't

Sponsor

Staff online