• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mack

Getting off the lift
Skier
Some more out of the Black Hole. Head skis. The two at the right Head XRP Special and Head Calgary Radial SL 160.
MACK.
IMG_7272.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Some more out of the Black Hole. Head skis. The two at the right Head XRP Special and Head Calgary Radial SL 160.
MACK.
View attachment 53064
Has the toe on the Head Calgary been changed or is it just the photo? Is it a 160 CM or am I reading that wrong?

Mack

Getting off the lift
Skier
The toe is the original. Din of 6-12. The length was 190cm. Sorry..... Thanks Mack

Uncle-A

Skier
The toe is the original. Din of 6-12. The length was 190cm. Sorry..... Thanks Mack
I have a pair of the Tyrolia Calgary on my VR 27's the photo is posted in "All Things Tyrolia" page one post #10. They are original and they came direct from Tyrolia back around the time of the Olympics.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Sept 1998 - Head - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
HEAD YAHOO
HEAD YAHOO I
HEAD YAHOO 2
HEAD WAHOO
View attachment 9532 View attachment 9533

The original Head Yahoo in 160cm were my first skis in 1976. They had to be some of the ugliest things ever, but my parents bought them for me for Christmas and a skier was born... ;)

I soon moved on to the Dynastar Pulsar, then when I started racing, it was Olins and Dynastar. I didn't have a Head ski again until about 8 years ago.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Nov 1997 - Head - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

Uncle-A

Skier
Neither! Just says 320 on the front and YANKEE on the back. Can't find any info on them unfortunately .
I think it is the east coast version because I have never heard anything out west referenced as Yankee.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Head base repair kit. I found the soldering iron does not get hot enough to really make the p-tex run so the fill does not scrape clean and solid looking but looks ok when waxed and of course when burnt with a flame you get the carbon. If anyone wants a string or two, gratis, to try for themselves pm me.

IMG_0901.JPG

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Received those at noon ...
Took the pictures ...
Cleaned them ...
Sharpen them ...
Adjusted the bindings ...

And went skiing on them at 4:00 , going down as fast as I could on an icy slope .

A blast ... one of the best pairs of my little collection !!!
They held like crazy on the ice
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
Some purists will say that I do not have the Tyrolia Calgary ... I will find them one of these days ... but I will never drill these to replace the Salomon .

Straight skis are so much fun !!

Sponsor

Staff online