2020 New England Gathering -- March 27th to 29th

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Last edited:

PinnacleJim

Getting off the lift
Skier
Never saw this poll. I will NOT be there the weekend you selected. Will arrive Sunday afternoon the 29th. So if if anyone is hanging around for Monday or around for the next two weeks, I will be there.

KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
This will knock me out of my comfort zone, for sure. Looking forward to it!
Your comfort zone? I have to remember to get off I-89 nine exits before I usually do! Exit 1.0 vs. Exit 10. This will be very strange (and very fun).

MarkP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Good to see the dates have set. I will probably add a couple more days, assuming conditions warrent, and do a few other hills.

AaronFM

Putting on skis
Skier
Contributor
There’s a new taco joint on the access road that’s pretty good, and good G&T at Casey’s Cabosse.

Last edited:
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
What happens at a meetup?
@James summarizes the gathering ethos fairly well; it's an opportunity to ski, drink, socialize, laugh, etc. with fellow forum members.

Generally the group starts together until @mdf and @James (aka, the Ministry of Bad Ideas) makes a suggestion and that fragments the group. Meet up for lunch. Ski some more. You get the idea.

There is no minimum ski-ability bar that you have to pass to attend. i.e., we don't do ski-offs. Most forum members are "pretty good", but there are always members just looking to cruise the blue groomers for a day as well. This being New England (i.e., land of highly variable conditions), we've had gatherings where icy conditions have limited us to cruising the groomers anyway.

James

Skiing the powder
Instructor
You forgot the gluey snow at Mad River, the fog and early ice at Sugarbush, the liquid snow falling at Stowe most of the day, then freezing, then snowing. It did snow that night, which hid the mogul which I ran into. That came to roost 3 days later, back gave out, couldn’t walk, and caused me to cancel Abasin 1 month later.

It was still one of the more successful gatherings by all measures save my back.
To think, we’ll have to go through all that at just one mountain!

Advertisement