• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Save some Stowe -- err, Killington -- days on your Ikon passes; Pugski will be invading Killington from March 27th to the 29th as per the poll results.

57512378ce2ffb53ace9f50f98d6c0c1.jpg

Meeting place will be 9AM each morning at the base of the Snowdon six pack. See the orange-circled area. We'll do a couple laps off that each morning to round up any stragglers.

For those of you who don't know me; see my profile picture. My yellow jacket stands out in the crowd pretty well.

KillingtonBase.png

Dinner will be on March 28th at 7:00PM at Table 24 in downtown Rutland. I currently have reservations made for 15-20 people.

Roll call thread is here: https://www.pugski.com/threads/2020-new-england-gathering-roll-call.17391/

I look forward to seeing everybody there!

Last edited:

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Never saw this poll. I will NOT be there the weekend you selected. Will arrive Sunday afternoon the 29th. So if if anyone is hanging around for Monday or around for the next two weeks, I will be there.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
This will knock me out of my comfort zone, for sure. Looking forward to it!

Your comfort zone? I have to remember to get off I-89 nine exits before I usually do! Exit 1.0 vs. Exit 10. This will be very strange (and very fun).

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Good to see the dates have set. I will probably add a couple more days, assuming conditions warrent, and do a few other hills.

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Daughter has joined the Navy and she will be graduating boot camp mid to late March. Won't know the date for certain till about a week before so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't coincide. Hoping it all works out.

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There’s a new taco joint on the access road that’s pretty good, and good G&T at Casey’s Cabosse.

Last edited:
TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
There’s a new taco joint on the access road that’s pretty good, and good G&T at Casey’s Cabosse.

Mmmmmmm.... Taaaahhhhhhccccoooooooooooossssss. :drool:

G&T? What is "G&T"?

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
What happens at a meetup?

@James summarizes the gathering ethos fairly well; it's an opportunity to ski, drink, socialize, laugh, etc. with fellow forum members.

Generally the group starts together until @mdf and @James (aka, the Ministry of Bad Ideas) makes a suggestion and that fragments the group. Meet up for lunch. Ski some more. You get the idea.

There is no minimum ski-ability bar that you have to pass to attend. i.e., we don't do ski-offs. Most forum members are "pretty good", but there are always members just looking to cruise the blue groomers for a day as well. This being New England (i.e., land of highly variable conditions), we've had gatherings where icy conditions have limited us to cruising the groomers anyway.

James

Out There
Instructor
You forgot the gluey snow at Mad River, the fog and early ice at Sugarbush, the liquid snow falling at Stowe most of the day, then freezing, then snowing. It did snow that night, which hid the mogul which I ran into. That came to roost 3 days later, back gave out, couldn’t walk, and caused me to cancel Abasin 1 month later.

It was still one of the more successful gatherings by all measures save my back.
To think, we’ll have to go through all that at just one mountain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online