>

2020 Jackson Gathering accommodations- questions, advice, shared/group rentals; etc

Discussion in 'Gatherings and On-the-Hill Meetups' started by David Chaus, Aug 15, 2019.

1. mdf

mdf entering the Big Couloir Skier

Found a couple pics, as people started to arrive:
    20150228_180613.jpg
    20150228_180600.jpg
    20150228_170818.jpg

2. bushpilot

bushpilot Booting up Skier

That’s the exactly the kind of recommendation I was looking for!

I met up with @Andy Mink and his crew (thanks again!) at Mt Rose last season. He showed me all around and was super awesome which was enough to convince me to come to a gathering.

SpikeDog likes this.
  3. Andy Mink

Andy Mink I am a half fast skier. Moderator Pugski Ski Tester

That was a great day!

LabMan and bushpilot like this.
  4. SpikeDog

SpikeDog You want Big Air, kid? Skier

Avoid Hatch Taqueria - tiny food portions and some of the tequilas I tried there taste far better out of my own liquor cabinet than out of their pours.

Never had a bad meal at the local Micky D's. Just what you'd expect, but served by eastern european kids.

5. LabMan

LabMan No Turns Skier

My wife and I are seriously considering this trip. Really could use recommendations for accommodations w/o breaking the bank. It's been 25+ years since I was there and have no idea. Any help would be truly appreciated!

Thanks!

6. DanoT

DanoT RVer-Skier Skier

Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
    If you stay in Teton Village right at the mountain, it will indeed be near bank breaking prices for accommodation. However the town of Jackson, twenty minutes away, is the Gateway to Yellowstone park in summer making winter the off season. So some lodges are not open in winter whiles others are open and very inexpensive.

I have recently booked 9 nights at the Jackson Motel 6 for $62.99/night online (cheapest in Jackson) and that is before I get them to give me the weekly discount rate when I arrive. The rooms are tiny but recently remodeled with very comfortable beds and some rooms have fridge and microwave.

The Super 8 Motel is a little more $$ and I think it is Elk Lodge that has log cabins that are 1 bedroom with living room/kitchenette if you need more space.

7. LabMan

LabMan No Turns Skier

Is it the Elk Country Inn?

8. DanoT

DanoT RVer-Skier Skier

Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
    Yes.

9. Crank

Crank Out on the slopes Skier

Flights and hotel booked! We're going to Jackson!

We accidentally made reservations at 2 different properties; The Antler Inn and the Ranch Inn. Pretty sure we will be staying at the Antler so if anyone wants a "luxury" tower room (walk-up) at the Ranch send me a message. It's $695 total for 7 nights, 2/22 - 29.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Ogg and MattSmith like this.
  10. Ogg

Ogg Out on the slopes Skier

I've completed the last step of booking my trip to the gathering by upgrading my Ikon pass from a base to full pass. It was a no brainer since it's about the cost of the lift ticket for the extra two days. The only issue I have is working out the logistics. I'm scheduled to arrive on the 22nd at 11:15 AM. I plan on skiing for at least a couple of hours the day I arrive. I'm hoping I can connect with some Pugs when I get there. :beercheer:

11. bbinder

bbinder Out on the slopes Skier

Just reserved a room at the Elk Country Inn. I like being walking distance to Bubba’s. But every time we go to Jackson Hole, the conditions seem to be less than stellar.

12. Dean

Dean Booting up Skier

Time to get serious about making plans. Traveling solo. Left to my own, I'm leaning toward Town Square... But if anyone's looking to fill a spot, PM me.

13. PisteOff

PisteOff Jeff Skier

Well I reserved a room at the Antler (free cancellation). General Motors still can’t provide us a fixed set of dates for the tie ins. It will be in either Feb or Mar. @ChunderBlunder moved to Denver CO (Broomfield to be exact) a few days ago with a couple friends. Empty Nesters! Couple more years to retirement....... getting sidetracked.... So, I’m in if it fits with work and Kevin will show if he can and I’m there to pay for the room . :roflmao: Should’ve seen the look on his face when I told him he had to buy his own Ikon Pass!!:roflmao:

14. mdf

You're a bad father! ogwink

TexasStout, PisteOff and KingGrump like this.
  15. PisteOff

PisteOff Jeff Skier

LOL I had him working at the GM plant for my facilities maintenance crew as a union laborer. He was making 19.75/hr. Not bad for a first job!! Showed him how to get a credit card and establish credit. He's got a 675 score. He had to start paying his own car insurance, phone bill, etc. That was a bit of a pill for him to swallow at first. Then he had to buy car parts. Then mean dad made him buy his own Ikon. Well, now he up and moved out into an expensive lease apartment in Colorado with some friends and has to find a job. He graduated from EMT-B class. He's a member of the NSP. I told him to get on a professional patrol. He's afraid it won't pay enough and wants to join the IBEW. I'm curious to see what he does. He's about to learn a bunch of very valuable lessons that he wouldn't have learned if he had stayed here and rode the gravy train. I hope he can make it out to one of the gatherings. He is my ski buddy and I'm going to miss him if he can't make it.......

KingGrump and LaurelHillCraze like this.
  16. mdf

I hear you....
    It happens when they get real jobs with real responsibilities. My son had to cancel out of the Gathering last year because work was too busy.

PisteOff likes this.
  17. KingGrump

KingGrump Most Interesting Man In The World Team Gathermeister

You're doing right.
    One of the hardest thing I've done in my life was to let go of his hand so he can cross the street by himself for the first time. Much easier just to hold on to that little hand.

That's our job. They will be fine.

SKI-3PO and PisteOff like this.