• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Not too sure about the 9:00 am rope drop but I plan to be there. We should try to get together

We still have room on the Snowshoe Band Wagon. 9 AM rope drop on 11/22. See y'all at the top of Ballhooter !!

75419092_2755452064475517_3953225114853572608_o.jpg

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
Not too sure about the 9:00 am rope drop but I plan to be there. We should try to get together

I should be doing a few laps with my neighbors kids near Ballhooter lift in the AM. Look for a bad skier in a BRIGHT YELLOW jacket. My kids called it my Big Bird suit.

skinavy

Booting up
Skier
Roundtop Saturday! And not just the walk-to park they have been doing the past few years. Actual lift-served this year :)

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Roundtop Saturday! And not just the walk-to park they have been doing the past few years. Actual lift-served this year :)

That's interesting... Whitetail and Liberty haven't even blown out the guns yet I don't think. I guess it makes sense to focus on the most north facing place among the three for early opening.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That's interesting... Whitetail and Liberty haven't even blown out the guns yet I don't think. I guess it makes sense to focus on the most north facing place among the three for early opening.

That and Roundtop is the furthest north and it gets them attention in the Harrisburg market, which the other two really don't.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Feeling tempted by Roundtop tomorrow... but I don't think it'll be worth the 4 hour round trip.

I also noticed Massanutten has blown some and is planning to open November 22nd. Looks like they'll get a few more snowmaking nights between now and then.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Roundtop was worth a few hours today. People were pretty pumped by the early opening. Lift ticket purchase/ pass validation was a bit of a cluster. Snow surface seemed to improve as the morning progressed.

12A59AC1-9BE8-4203-BD79-1B3FFE5EB9E4.jpeg BED9B9F6-3473-452D-BA50-6DD03A478FDA.jpeg

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
I'm regretting not going... I could have swung it for a few hours. Maybe Massanutten next weekend if they have Showtime or Pacesetter open, and not just the beginner terrain.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
^^^
I'm regretting not going... I could have swung it for a few hours. Maybe Massanutten next weekend if they have Showtime or Pacesetter open, and not just the beginner terrain.

If it will make you feel better, there were no fewer than 12 dead deer on the road - bits and blood and all - on 270 and 15 (and a fox and a muskrat).

(There were also 4 major accident related backups on the way back, but that's the new normal for Saturday nights.)

I thought I saw a guy who skied like @SKI-3PO but the skier was wearing brick red / orangeish trousers and that didn't seem in character.

One thing we did learn though: my gold and lime combo is excellent camouflage against trees with unfallen leaves. Imagine standing in plain sight, in front of a trail crossing sign and having a patroller just about run you down :eek::rolleyes::eek:

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought I saw a guy who skied like @SKI-3PO but the skier was wearing brick red / orangeish trousers and that didn't seem in character.

One thing we did learn though: my gold and lime combo is excellent camouflage against trees with unfallen leaves. Imagine standing in plain sight, in front of a trail crossing sign and having a patroller just about run you down :eek::rolleyes::eek:
Yeah, not me.

And there were a fail number of fallen leaves on the trails in a couple of spots. You must have blended in.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Looking seriously at Snowshoe this coming Friday. Any intel on what slopes will be open? I didn't see anything on their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor