• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

Well it's almost November and we've seen some temps in the 30's here in DC.... so time for a new thread!

Whitetail, Liberty, and Roundtop are now Epic.... Timberline won't be opening... Snowshoe goes into year two under Ikon... and Seven Springs is still independent.... Some questions for the season:

Will Blue Knob actually get fully open?
How will southern PA deal with Epic - can it get more crowded?
Will the Poconos folks form their own thread again? ;)
And will anyone from New York post here rather than the NE thread? :D

Personally, I'm hoping to make the Mid-A Gathering in western PA (https://www.pugski.com/threads/mid-...even-springs-gathering-feb-7-to-9-2020.17024/), as well as ski a few days at Massnutten, Canaan, and Whitetail.

Let's just hope that it's cold... the snow guns work... we get some real snow... and everyone has a great season!

:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

Last edited:

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
So are the NC resorts part of the Mid-Atlantic?
I hear that Beech, Cataloochee and Sugar Mountain are making snow.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Well for some reason they think we are on the forum but personally I think there should be two tiers of Mid -Atlantic, either that or a deep south section. I looked at Cats camera this morning and yes they were blowing, not sure about beech or sugar. Consensus around here is that someone will have a WRD open on Monday for bragging rights. Mt money is on Cat.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Work day Whitegrass 9am tomorrow at the WG cafe.

Swaps this w/e:
Alpine Ski Shop Sterling (two days)
Roundtop (two days)
Ski Haus Annapolis -Saturday
DC Ski swap (Tilden HS in North Bethesda/Rockville)
PATC Nordic fair - Vienna

and a little cold air stoke:

AllHallowsDay.JPG

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think technically the NC resorts, one in TN, and Cloudmont are "Southeast". Seems like overkill to have a separate category for like 7-8 total resorts but whatever.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Despite having an Epic pass my goal is to ski more of the Mid-Atlantic resorts. I always enjoy ed 7Springs, Canaan and Massanutten so I need to get to these more.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
If you work for any of the new epic resort your uniform probably will not change this year, but next year you will most likely have an insulated, non waterproof uniform you get to wear in warmer and wetter climate than here in northern vermont.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If you work for any of the new epic resort your uniform probably will not change this year, but next year you will most likely have an insulated, non waterproof uniform you get to wear in warmer and wetter climate than here in northern vermont.

@MaryG - Do you know if Whitetail has new unis this season?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
they wont. Next year they get the awfulness.

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
We still have room on the Snowshoe Band Wagon. 9 AM rope drop on 11/22. See y'all at the top of Ballhooter !!

75419092_2755452064475517_3953225114853572608_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor