• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
Looking seriously at Snowshoe this coming Friday. Any intel on what slopes will be open? I didn't see anything on their web site.

If history repeats itself, they should have 8 - 10 trails open.

Greens:
Skidder
Heisler Way
Log Slide
Whistlepunk to Powder Monkey
Upper Hootenanny to mid Flume to lower flume

Blues:
Spruce
Single tree or Moonshone
Looks like they made snow on Gandy Dancer

I'm now on the fence - Weather looks shitty. 4.5 hour drive on Thurs to ski in the rain is NOT appealing.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Too bad rain is supposed to roll through this weekend. I hope it doesn't dampen openings! I'm hoping to hit Massanutten on Sunday as long as they have a couple of runs open.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Now that I have family in the Pittsburgh area, the kids want to ski Seven Springs.
I see that they offer a Super 7 pass (7 lift tickets), but you can't use the pass twice in one day.
Does 7 Springs offer any Black Friday type deals on lift tickets?

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Now that I have family in the Pittsburgh area, the kids want to ski Seven Springs.
I see that they offer a Super 7 pass (7 lift tickets), but you can't use the pass twice in one day.
Does 7 Springs offer any Black Friday type deals on lift tickets?

They will have a White Friday Sale Nov 29. No link is available at this time. You could check https://www.7springs.com/ the day of the sale.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I am only half serious: GFS is showing rain all the way up into Quebec, followed by a freeze on Saturday.

I saw the weather reports... dampened my spirits.

Bluedon

Putting on skis
Skier
Damn Snowshoe weather. Why can't this be tomorrow?

76652253_2773430822677641_5671333705382100992_o.jpg

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
So wondering what Seven Springs will have open on Saturday?
Friday doesn't look like a washout? at Snowshoe but it's still quite a trip.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
My hunch is that 7S will have Wagner, Fawn, Phillips with the hi-sp six pack and the front side fixed quad. Outside chance of Cortina Trail and Stowe Slope with Tyrol triple. That is my guess based on their Web cams. Not sure which day I might be there, likely Sunday.

MarkP

Skier
weatherunderground.com shows lousy weather just about everywhere within reasonable distance for me.

Snowshoe (5.5 hrs each way): rain Friday morning; rain Saturday afternoon; predawn snow Sunday. Would it be worth the drives and 2 nights lodging for 3 half days? Work on Monday would preclude a full day Sunday. I won't melt when wet, but I'm not keen on putting my metal hip to the crappy conditions test just yet. At least being assimilated by the Borg (Ikon) means no lift fee.

7S (4 hrs each way): rain Saturday after 1pm; rain/snow until 9am Sunday morning. More than a day trip distance, not looking like enough snow time for an overnight.

Blue Mtn (3.5 hrs each way): rain Saturday after 7pm; rain Sunday until 10am. A bit past my typical day trip time, but I've done it before. Might make a Friday night decision on this.

Roundtop (1.5 hrs each way): rain Saturday after 4pm; rain Sunday until 7am. Limited open terrain not exciting, but could be another late Friday decision.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
My hunch is that 7S will have Wagner, Fawn, Phillips with the hi-sp six pack and the front side fixed quad. Outside chance of Cortina Trail and Stowe Slope with Tyrol triple. That is my guess based on their Web cams. Not sure which day I might be there, likely Sunday.
I think your list of open slopes covers it. I was hoping earlier that more snow making could occur this week and Stowe slope could be open as well but that doesn't look likely. We missed out on cold weather this week and as others pointed out the weekend has the chance of being soggy.
Too many bodies for me without more slopes open. Wasn't that long ago that wouldn't have mattered. Plus I still have leaves to rake up! What a half a__ skier apethetic skier I have become.
Hopefully things improve for next weekend. Heading to Colorado on 12/17 so need to get the psyche ratcheted up.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just looked at 7 Springs webcams. Rain has really receded the snow unfortunately.

MarkP

Skier
7S should have decent weather until late in the day Saturday. Question is how well they can recover from today's rain. Same with Blue Mtn and Roundtop.
I'm just going to stop looking this weekend and hope for better after holiday family time next week.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
7S should have decent weather until late in the day Saturday. Question is how well they can recover from today's rain. Same with Blue Mtn and Roundtop.
I'm just going to stop looking this weekend and hope for better after holiday family time next week.

From a snow-making point of view, Seven Springs generally recovers from rain quickly and better than anyone else if they have cold temps. Not sure the temperature will cooperate too much though. Looks like tonight will be OK, but above freezing much of the time for the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January