• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2019-2020 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
@nay and @Ken_R,

So does this system coming in tomorrow afternoon look as good as they are forecasting in North/Central CO?

Follow this guy, awesome forecasts:

also:

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Looks like the storm is coming in a little early. I read it would start after 3 PM, but it was snowing on I-70 late morning. LL seemed to have a couple of inches of fresh before noon.

Visibility is not quite to my liking. I groped my way down from Ptarmigan lift to Drifter.

Day 3 for me at LL. A little busier today, but still skiing onto the chair.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
And you read the MSDS beforehand, right? ;)

(that's an inside joke for those reading the current Phantom thread)

I made sure I wore the latex gloves for sure. Scary stuff ogsmile.

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I'll be traveling to Vail tonight, assuming travel goes smoothly :crossfingers:. Should be skiing Friday through Sunday!

:snow::snow::snow::snow:

The drive might be pretty bad get out now if you can.

palikona

Getting off the lift
Skier
Can’t decide whether to go up tomorrow or Saturday super early. Can only do one day.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
There were about 6 charges set off at LL today. I guess they wanted to stabilize the snow before the storm rolled in :huh:

Visibility never improved over the course of the day, but the snow quality did. I was surprised because we weren't being dumped on, just a steady and moderate falling of small flakes. Guy on the lift (Chet's) said the skiing in the trees was amazing.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
I was surprised to see flakes falling at the Eisenhower tunnel at 9:30 AM after looking at the forecast before i left the house. All sites i read said it wouldn't start until mid-afternoon.
Skied Breck today with a couple buddies who are staying there. It was overcast with light snow falling the whole time and visibility started to get worse as day wore on. Snow conditions were decent with a couple inches of fresh on top of hardpack. Some runs had 3-4" in places.
Left at 2:00 PM to get through the tunnel before the storm actually hit and had no problem getting back. Roads were a little wet, but no ice or snow buildup.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I don't know, tomorrow’s snow + Friday night/Sat AM snow + more possible terrain openings might = Sat 100%. Thoughts?

The forecast is 5-9” tonight and 3-5” tomorrow, with wave 2 more towards Sunday.

I can only do Sat so that’s my call and I hope there is more terrain open, but Fri there could be some killer rope drops that are deep vs. the Sat morning crowds.

But if the snow carries over to Sat and there are some major terrain openings it would be great, just likely to track quickly.

I always try to bet in prime storm skiing and as if now that is Fri and Sun, but that’s my betting pattern. I suspect Sat will be excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor