• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2019-2020 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

palikona

Getting off the lift
Skier
Mary Jane was nice today - first real powder for me this season. They opened up a bunch of terrain since I was there last week and it snowed all day on top of the 8” reported. Next storm should really open a ton up.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yea, this one is in the trees right off Ptarmigan- there is a break about 50 yards below tree line and he’s in the little cluster of trees right on the edge there fairly often on warmer sunny days. With that run under the lift not open it was easy to follow the tracks. Not usually up so high though, typically about 10 feet lower.

Patrol has told us that they are aware of 7 of them who live at Loveland and they think this one that hangs out in the Ptarmigan trees lives under the e-tow cabin porch.

They are cute, tho. Seems could scratch his nose and he would like it since he probably can’t.

View attachment 86182
View attachment 86181
We have named him Nigel.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I just hope they keep Nigel and Parker apart.
I have had to tend to a mouthful of Porky, and it’s not much fun for either the dog or the human. I am sure @Drahtguy Kevin has had similar experiences.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Set night was the first A-Basin Moonlight Dinner of the season. As always, first and last of these dinners are not lift served so you skin or snowshoe up to BML.

Perfect opportunity to try out my new setup with Shifts. Some pregame turns and good thing, because I’d forgotten to detune the new set of M5s and would have died on the way down.

25C253CB-8D54-4215-BEF3-497D9D504BF8.jpeg

The bindings are awesome. Easy to use and the 10° riser was right on for straight up Sundance. Just a super light alpine binding with a low stack height for the descent.

A nice workout to BML.

F43128FA-3FF8-4DF8-98FD-4FE275BC4372.jpeg

Our usual table...

2F6D3171-CDEB-4664-8F82-E5FA799E5C34.jpeg

We supply the lights.

07B93C8E-A545-48EF-BA2C-343928399ED1.jpeg

The food is always off the charts. Spain was the theme this time. The paella - a small sampling of the available dishes.

EA86F240-C2FC-4270-8027-CE9BD0774644.jpeg

And down after way too much food.

A4C290C1-708A-4675-8673-C469FDA70043.jpeg

The hunt for pow turns became pow plow on the flats.

7BA590CA-378C-4379-B8CA-95F7851C6EFC.jpeg

One of the best nights of the year.

Last edited:

Jtlange

Getting off the lift
Skier
Looks like Steamboat, some areas of Summit, and the Aspen area. This model tends to be bullish, but its been proven right the last few storms...

1576017725610.png

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Great, I might have to leave for work Thursday. You guys can thank me for the Powder! ULLR always needs a sacrifice to deliver the goods.... :roflmao: Right @nay ?

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be studying for my last final of the semester which is Saturday morning but expect to be at Copper Sunday if anyone is around with a very slim chance for making the last hour of the day on Saturday.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
2nd day at Loveland yesterday ~~

No hand warmers
No toe warmers
No neck gaiter
Remembered socks at the last minute
And the best part ... looking up and thinking "why am I in this tunnel"? Yep, drove past the exit

With the organizational problems out of the way, I should be set for the season.

I have used the Restroom and Lockers area across from the Sports Shop for booting up and stashing my bag. Is there a better place for that?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
2nd day at Loveland yesterday ~~

No hand warmers
No toe warmers
No neck gaiter
Remembered socks at the last minute
And the best part ... looking up and thinking "why am I in this tunnel"? Yep, drove past the exit

With the organizational problems out of the way, I should be set for the season.

I have used the Restroom and Lockers area across from the Sports Shop for booting up and stashing my bag. Is there a better place for that?

LL is pretty chill about where you stick stuff. You'll notice a lot of bags and other gear just shoved along the windows in the main upper lodge area. I have also just left my stuff sitting there and haven't had any problems so far.

Last edited:

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
LL is pretty chill about where you stick stuff. You'll notice a lot of bags and other gear just shoved along the windows in the main upper lodge area. I have also just left my stuff sitting there and haven't had any problems so far.

Same here. Doing it that way right now as a matter of fact. Also, the vegetable soup and Frito Pie in Ptarmigan Hut are on point today.

Last edited:

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ll be studying for my last final of the semester which is Saturday morning but expect to be at Copper Sunday if anyone is around with a very slim chance for making the last hour of the day on Saturday.

Winter storm watch till Sunday ogsmile Hopefully the road will remain open but you know how that can go. Right now the forecast is 12-24" I think the heavier snow is forecasted for the other side of Vail Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor