• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
This is sort of hard to believe, but my daughter is up at Sugarloaf and says the antenna that fell down last winter fell down again today? Anyway, total bust of a trip, two races cancelled, headed to Sunday River now.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
So after my earlier post I decided to embrace @Bob Barnes’ “good for you” mantra and decided to actually ski.

@Erik Timmerman and I had talked on Friday about some things (“send it”) that helped. I wound up doing a dozen laps. :eek::rolleyes: It was exhausting full-commitment conditions. I was also on my FIS slalom skis which aren’t very receptive to half-assed turns either.

I did see @Josh Matta who was making his students do pivot slips.

I feel bad for anybody who paid for a lift ticket today.

I could really go for some quarter-decent conditions next weekend...

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
I-89 is a parking lot just south of exit 5.

GET SNOW TIRES rant number two. And it’s still not winter!

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
quite breezy today......
coral reef tomorrow.. ;-)

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is sort of hard to believe, but my daughter is up at Sugarloaf and says the antenna that fell down last winter fell down again today? Anyway, total bust of a trip, two races cancelled, headed to Sunday River now.
That is hard to believe. Usually if something like that happens, they are so focused on it that it would be better than new. Sounds like they did a very half assed job fixing it last time.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Sounds like Sugarloaf. One day out of five there is superb. The other four are not worth bothering with. And infrastructure is not a strong point. You'd think they'd have figured out by now that if it wouldn't work on Mt. Washington, it won't hold up on top of the Loaf. There's a reason for the absence of trees.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a great day at Stratton. The condition was stellar. The condition was so good, it sent most of the crowd home. Nothin' better than frozen chunkular to keep the lift lines short. Skied until they closed the lifts at 4.

James

Out There
Instructor
Lower mountain snow was pretty nice actually. Wet, powdery, snowcone snow, with avoidable random icy chunks. Ben & Jerry's special.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
so to those that left early today at Stowe. They got 1 to3 inches of graupel at Stowe in the last couple hours and quite honestly my last run at 4:10(with @ella_g ) was like 80 percent not icey. Some of those turn were legit nice like full on arced and not bouncing from the icey shit that was there in the morning. I started on my FIS Sl ski but my morning students were not fast enough especially with morning death cookie to really make use of them.

tomorrow will easily be the best groomer day of the year, if we had a base the graupel+wind would have made things nice in the woods but there is like zero snow in there. @KevinF just stay for tomorrow and tuesday! Also Id consider last weekend quarter decent IMO.

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
tomorrow will easily be the best groomer day of the year, if we had a base the graupel+wind would have made things nice in the woods but there is like zero snow in there. @KevinF just stay for tomorrow and tuesday! Also Id consider last weekend quarter decent IMO.

Too late... already home. I'll be back. ;)

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
Truth @Josh Matta it was like 85% not icy :roflmao:. Tried to get kids to hike up for one last run but they were toast. Thinking 2moro 8am will be:wag:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A few pics from Stratton this weekend...

Grey morning on Friday, with the top of the mountain not in evidence
Stratton 121419 001 ACR Conv.jpg

@mdf and @Brad J with some light/blowing snow
Stratton 121419 002 ACR Conv.jpg

Murky morning at the top
Stratton 121419 007 ACR Conv.jpg

Later in the afternoon - @Brad J , @mdf , @KingGrump , me, Mamie
Stratton 121419 011 ACR Conv.jpg

Despite @James claim, these are my Stockli's, stickered up....
Stratton 121419 018 ACR Conv.jpg

Murky, misty Saturday... but the rain kept the crowds away and the afternoon was really nice
Stratton 121419 035 ACR Conv.jpg

The sun even came out a bit... and the sky was a confusing color for a little while
Stratton 121419 040 ACR Conv.jpg

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online