• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I wound up skiing a dozen laps at Stowe today. Half dozen off the quad and the same off the gondola. I started around 10:30; it was either misting or lightly raining, but the snow was pretty nice. Spring skiing in December!

I twice shared a lift ride with someone else, but the other times I was solo.

All in all, the day was much more enjoyable than I had anticipated.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ended up being very nice at Stratton after lunch. The sun peeked out just a bit and the mist and fog let up a bit. And the Grumps showed up for the afternoon. I wound up skiing about 22K vertical, which is a pretty good day for me.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Ended up being very nice at Stratton after lunch. The sun peeked out just a bit and the most and fog let up a bit. And the Grumps showed up for the afternoon. I wound up skiing about 22K vertical, which is a pretty good day for me.
You managed with the carving skis?

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
When I got there at lunchtime, Bretton Woods had only one lift running on the main hill, which assessed only a few trails. The woods are now brown for the first time since the season started, and the open trails have brown spots. So sad, after such a fortuitous start.

There were a few families skiing, and some singles, most of them looking like infrequent skiers.
I saw some young adults on snowboards, and there were a few singles who knew what to do with skis.
There was one group of three or four race kids with maybe one attendant coach.

In other words, Bretton Woods today had no reason to open a additional lift. Parking lot was near empty.

There was corn snow down low, and sorbet snow up top, and none of it was grabby. Hero snow.
I had to deal with barely a mist in the air after lunch and then the mist stopped totally. Did not get wet.

For no apparent reason, that one main lift ran at 1/4 speed. I found that difficult to tolerate and left early.
Not sure if the ski school did any lessons today. If they did, it wasn't many. It was a slow rainy-misty day.

I'll be on the schedule tomorrow.

Last edited:

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
I new hope....

Snowmap1.jpeg

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I’m at Stowe this morning.

In the words of Robin Barnes — “ski shit or be shit”

In the words of @Bob Barnes — “conditions are either ‘good’ or ‘good for you’”. Today is definitely the latter.

There’s nothing positive that can be said about the whitish / gray substance on the trails this morning. Liftline is literally a hockey rink — wall-to-wall ice.

Starting run #3. :):cool::rolleyes:

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
There’s nothing positive that can be said about the whitish / gray substance on the trails this morning. Liftline is literally a hockey rink — wall-to-wall ice.

Starting run #3. :):cool::rolleyes:

Enjoy the ice. I’m being lazy and just staying home. Wife’s making blueberry muffins and pumpkin bread.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Enjoy the ice. I’m being lazy and just staying home. Wife’s making blueberry muffins and pumpkin bread.

Kevin will be over shortly. Sounds way better than what he is doing!

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I drove 1:15 to Berkshire East only to get there and find they'd closed due to wind. Steady winds over 30 mph and gusts over 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online