• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
That’s a great shot.
When that gully between Dave’s and Huevos gets snow it’s fun to come in under Huevos with some speed.
Some good turns to be had there and some great wind blown.

LittleBullet

Booting up
Skier
hi PUGKSI Mammoth gang. I'm heading over from the UK as part of a US roadtrip. Frist stop Mammoth. Picking up my truck camper on Jan 3rd in LA so should be in resort by the 4th of Jan. I'll be around for a few days. Probably head over to June mountain too. If anyone fancies a ride, beer, coffee or even just to say hello drop me a line. Note; my ability is decent I should be able to take on anyting with you except for silly cliffs, monster kickers and rails.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome to sunny CA!

Under the top of the gondola would be Climax. If it's good there, so would be the Wipeout and Dropout chutes (Chair 23). Did you get over to those?

And Dave's.

And Hangman's.

And...

Sorry. Getting a little carried away with my vicarious enjoyment of your time up there!

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Climax sign line & daves had some great buff today

LittleBullet

Booting up
Skier
You made it to Mammoth! Is this your first time skiing in North America? Or have you visited before?
First time skiing USA, drive up to Mammoth was just jaw dropping....did a season in Canada about 13 years ago so I'm familiar with the inbounds off-piste concept.

@cosmolo

I did climax several times due to the good snow. Did both dropout - & Wipeout chutes as well paranoid flats off chair 23 yesterday. Contemplated kiwi flats but the wind was in the wrong direction so I assumed that's pretty awful. This afternoon dry creek had by far the best snow, I wasn't the only one to find it. Gravy chute very hard-packed but fun little line, although a tad short for my liking. Dave's was lovely did that on my run before lunch. Tomorrow morning I'll warm up on Dave's that and head for some of the diamond runs that drop to cloud 9 express. Wish I had more time...

Also these hot springs you have down the valley are amazing.

Afternoon, I'll drive to June and just do some easy laps. I hear it's mellow, but I want the bag patch and fridge magnet...

Next stop Tahoe and assorted resorts.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
@LittleBullet sounds like fantastic Day at Mammoth, some of my favorite runs!
Enjoy June, you will have it to yourself ;)
Great Back country also if you had the time.....
You might want to stop at June Lake Brewery for a pint before you head to Tahoe ....

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
@LittleBullet
June was closed yesterday (Sunday)
Main lift up was out
Maybe call first...

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be flying solo at Mammoth this Fri-Sun (10th-12th) if anyone wants to join for some turns, drinks or food. Also, I’ll hopefully be sporting some new boots from Footloose & getting them dialed in, but I’m still slightly nervous about replacing my current 16 y.o. shells.
Maybe new boots will improve my skiing though? That’d be great! :daffy:

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
They said it was going to be two weeks,,,,,,,,,,,it feels like its been two weeks.
Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online