• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
It got a bit windy last night. Seems to be moving in the right direction now. 78677782-87E8-4310-87D0-43C5DB718396.png

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
I’ll be flying solo at Mammoth this Fri-Sun (10th-12th) if anyone wants to join for some turns, drinks or food. Also, I’ll hopefully be sporting some new boots from Footloose & getting them dialed in, but I’m still slightly nervous about replacing my current 16 y.o. shells.
Maybe new boots will improve my skiing though? That’d be great! :daffy:
I'll be up with the Santa Barbara Ski CLub, I don;t carry my cell while on-hill, but check every morning and evening.
I'll PM you, and if you want to do a few turns together, we could arrange a meeting spot/time.
Otherwise Club member option is to always meet at chair 3 loading area/pump house at 10 AM to 'group up' for a few runs... I usually try to make these and later head off on my own...

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Great week in Mammoth, skied wind buff from Dave's to Monuments. Killer groomers on Chr 25 & the race runs.
I did spend a couple of high panic moments upside down & backwards in a tree well yesterday morning , head mostly above snow, but stuuuck solid.
Good Times...
unnamed.jpg

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Great week in Mammoth, skied wind buff from Dave's to Monuments. Killer groomers on Chr 25 & the race runs.
I did spend a couple of high panic moments upside down & backwards in a tree well yesterday morning , head mostly above snow, but stuuuck solid.
Good Times...
View attachment 89658
Yikes! Glad your safe! Which run was it off of?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

liv2ski

Sierra Cement Inspector
Skier
Beautiful sunny day, but windy as the day progressed. The Mountain needs a few feet of snow as the grooming is starting to hit dirt in a few spots. Still a great time but less snow there than when I was up in mid December.

liv2ski

Sierra Cement Inspector
Skier
Everything on wind hold this morning but June has 3 lifts running. Never been shut out before at Mammoth.

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
Good Times...
View attachment 89658
Glad to hear your treehole event proved favorable end!
Just catchin up... I was able to get to MM Jan 10 thru 12. Most conditions were quite OK, but I did hear the word 'ice' more than I thought accurate. There were some firmer conditions, but also quite well groomed areas to have some great carving fun! Overall, I gave it a 7 out of 10, considering...
Some heavy winds on Sat 11, keep the open areas somewhat limited. But produced some of the best Wind-blown I've ever had - in the Dry Creek gully below Climax. I did a serious Yo-Yo through there all Sunday afternoon and had awesome variety of lines, in such a small area!
Crazy, sketchy was Dave's after lunch on Sun. I made a couple runs there and conditions were edgeable/firm. Coming down the side closest to Huevos, I had to do serious avoidance as multiple others did the high-speed slide down from top of Daves after their yardsale. After almost being hit by 4 guys plummeting by at my good guess was 35-40 mph, I decided it wasn't worth the risk, so back to Dry Creek...
Overall, had a great 3 days! Hoping to carve out some time again by end of Jan...
Would be fun to hookup with PugSkiers at any time!

Last edited:
TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
kinda like this .....
giphy-5.gif

No..
There was a branch I was able to grab & just struggled with for awhile until I could move my body a little & get my skis free.

Last edited:

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Rostapher How are the new boots?
Thanks for asking @Pat AKA mustski. Unfortunately, I left Mammoth about an hour after I arrived, because I found out our cat is really sick (leukemia) & needed to go to the vet again the next day. No new boots & no Mammoth skiing :( Next time I guess?

I do highly recommend Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History podcast for long car trips though! 1 episode is usually 4-5 hours long. :geek:

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for asking @Pat AKA mustski. Unfortunately, I left Mammoth about an hour after I arrived, because I found out our cat is really sick (leukemia) & needed to go to the vet again the next day. No new boots & no Mammoth skiing :( Next time I guess?

I do highly recommend Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History podcast for long car trips though! 1 episode is usually 4-5 hours long. :geek:
Sorry to hear about your cat. It's no fun to cancel ski trips for any reason but especially for sick pets or family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid