• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
new sign is 19'6"
Pretty sure that the new one is 24', per a bunch of articles.

But you're right on the depth I think. The perspective, relative size between the person and sign, was making the sign look more buried than I was thinking. (Maybe the bands are every 5 feet?)

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Pretty sure that the new one is 24', per a bunch of articles.

But you're right on the depth I think. The perspective, relative size between the person and sign, was making the sign look more buried than I was thinking. (Maybe the bands are every 5 feet?)
Yep, you are correct, new sigh is listed @ 24'

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 9.45.13 AM.png

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's looking like a continuous band of storms. I'm not complaining but I really need a couple of days with good enough weather to drive up and try out my ski legs.

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
Hooray! Was headed up for the Early Ups on the 8th, and then a week in Tahoe at Squaw to follow. So glad to hear they're opening all the lodges early. Much nicer to park at Canyon.
If anyone wants to get some turns in on the 8th, let me know!
By Sun, Dec 8, I should have a better handle on how I'll fair at altitude. Been a very rough year+ of major health issues...
but...
the mountains are calling, and I must go.... /muir
If you wanna meet at 'Early Ups Brekkie' , I check this thread on Sat night...
I should be in Solid Red or Solid Blue (yellow zips) MArker Jac, or SB Echelon cycling vest if already in the dining area.
...a scrunchy face shot of me at Kicking Horse, some 5-6ish yrs back... LOL!
I won't be in shreddin shape, but I'll try to keep up for a few...
Mountain is looking Tremendous - mid-winter conditions with a sufficient amount of Feldspar showin to keep us honest!

EDIT - not sure how many 'band's the summit sign has... but iff'n it's 24 Ft tall, I'd guess 10+ FT snow, now at the sign - pic as 4 min ago..
1575489372182.png

Attachments

• IMGP0786web.JPG
    IMGP0786web.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 2

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
It's looking like a continuous band of storms. I'm not complaining but I really need a couple of days with good enough weather to drive up and try out my ski legs.
Thursday-Friday is still showing as 'lull' days between fetches...
  • Thursday

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 32. South wind around 10 mph.

Partly Sunny
    High: 32 °F
  • Thursday
    Night
    Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Mostly Cloudy
    and Breezy
    Low: 22 °F
  • Friday

Friday: A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm.  Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Windy, with a south wind 30 to 35 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.  New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Windy. Mostly
    Cloudy then
    Chance Snow
    High: 29 °F
no time like the present, Carpe Diem, leave tomorrow for the nightime dreamin...
... just sayin... LOL
... I will be enjoying any/all easy going company for this 1st go-round, squeezin as many turns as I can muster, into each run.
...see you for early ups brekkie - ogwink - OK?

Last edited:

Gr8PowerfulTim

Booting up
Skier
Doh! Looks like snow all day Saturday and Sunday morning as well.

As someone who prefers going fast on groomers to fighting through powder, I think I'll save money and cancel my hotel reservation in Mammoth this weekend and try to hit it up later in the week instead. A little money saved, and I won't have to break out the snow chains on my little compact car to get in and out of town. There's only so far I'll go for a free breakfast. :roflmao:

Was stopping on a drive up to Tahoe for the week, so maybe I'll hit up Mammoth coming back down instead once this storm is over and things are nicely buffed out.

Will try again for Early Ups in Jan.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 12.09.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 12.10.14 PM.png

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This has been a great trip so far. Skied Friday, Sunday, and today. The snow is excellent and the weather is looking good for the entire week. Planning to ski through Friday.

I expect next weekend to be very crowded between the new snow and the Night of Lights. If the condo is free we might try for another mid-week pre-Christmas trip.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
99FBDA82-B9B8-42BF-8DC4-FF63B1F05313.png
you say more wind buff please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online