• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, great shots by all. Although I was in and out of the gang all week, y'all made me and Spike Jr feel welcome. Fantastic trip through the Pearly Gates at Snowbird - one of the highlights of my week!

Love the shots of the Baldy Chutes - still on my bucket list. I did knock off Eagles Nest at Alta from said list this week. Maybe when/if we hit Big Sky I can get a 'hell yeah' to drop the Big Couloir?!?
:yeah:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Great report, @mdf! Sounds like you skied with Marc Guido’s crew. I finally met him two years ago after knowing him by reputation for years from another local. Marc sure knows his way around and I always end up skiing something new at Alta with him.

That sounds right. Matchstix said some of the guys were calling him Guido, but he thought it was a nickname!

I better start packing -- late flight out tonight -- or I won't get on the hill at all today. I really hate packing.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we pack the car to make the trek east. This was by the far the greatest ski experience either one of us had ever enjoyed. We met with, skied with, and partied with so many great people. When we get some of this 500 Gigs of video sorted out and edited we will post some video. I'll also pull a lot of good stills out of the video to share as well. Everyone whom has yet to travel.....have a safe trip. We look forward to seeing everyone again next year and some of you possibly sooner.

Jeff and Kevin

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It's good to be home! Mt. Rose is looking beautiful today. A bit (lot) smaller but we love it. 20180311_090021.jpg

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we pack the car to make the trek east. This was by the far the greatest ski experience either one of us had ever enjoyed. We met with, skied with, and partied with so many great people. When we get some of this 500 Gigs of video sorted out and edited we will post some video. I'll also pull a lot of good stills out of the video to share as well. Everyone whom has yet to travel.....have a safe trip. We look forward to seeing everyone again next year and some of you possibly sooner.

Jeff and Kevin
It was nice meeting you Thursday at Alta. I’m a week late making Snowbasin but mrsjmills dressed appropriately. Safe travels home F2159B6F-D110-4D20-8C46-BEBC4FB575AD.jpeg 24C4BDC9-1873-4AD1-A6DE-6B7B7E56BDE9.jpeg

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A few photos from the week ... because I have only a few. Didn't do a great job of taking pictures but I was busy.

fullsizeoutput_4eb1.jpeg
The 100Eight Club heading up early at Snowbasin.

W9nzC5OjQaqQxoYH8diOUg.jpg
Unidentified rider enjoying herself Sunday at Snowbasin.

fullsizeoutput_4eb0.jpeg
@utskier finding soft stuff in Strawberry Park.

sqbeNc+jSiC%J69LJDERuA.jpg
@FairToMiddlin forgot his razor.

nZmKEHtBQE+PjqvEsE2eTg.jpg
@Chris Geib and @bbinder chilling during the hunt for leftovers at Snowbasin.

PvuYbA7fRtWO3v%PwxMBEQ.jpg
I really liked this terrain, will definitely return.

Ea4WGulKR1mG7%auWV1ukw.jpg
@Danny and @Drahtguy Kevin post-East Castle rope drop at Alta.

fullsizeoutput_4eb3.jpeg
@Drahtguy Kevin, daria, and @bbinder slaying the bottom of High Rustler after some quality turns in Eagles Nest at Alta.

fullsizeoutput_4e84.jpeg
A clear lack of originality.

iUjj7pq6RXe81cn1NFcaPw.jpg
@Chris Geib checking out vast Mineral Basin at Snowbird.

fullsizeoutput_4e86.jpeg
@Drahtguy Kevin ready to drop into High Rustler at Alta.

fullsizeoutput_4ea6.jpeg
@SkiNurse kicking it up on STH at Snowbird.

fullsizeoutput_4e9a.jpeg
@SKI-3PO following @JohnL down STH.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Another great Gathering and great time skiing with friends old and new.

I had to leave a day early due a crash at Snowbasin on Monday finally catching up with me. A sore hip has evolved into lower back pain spasms after buckling up my boots Saturday morning. So off came the boots and lots of Advil and walking the Tiadog helped. We then left for points North and spent Saturday night in the truck camper in a Montana rest area at around 6000' asl. While warm in the camper, I can confirm that it is still winter in Montana.

My injury is not too severe, so if there had been some fresh powder I might have stayed and toughed it out. Powder snow is good for curing what ails you, kinda like chicken soup only better.:D

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Flight landed in Seattle, back home on the farm, getting face licked by dog, and cat purring on my lap.

Here’s a picture of Mt Rainer as we were descending, and you can see Mt St Helens in the background under the wing of the plane. 5994F94A-2C96-4BE0-9618-D6D8F7B03D19.jpeg

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@JohnL, you brought tears to my eyes with your photos of @MattSmith in Baldy Main Chute. I’ve revisited that run hundreds of times in my head since skiing it 3 years ago with my friend Doug. He actually carried my skis up there (Snowbird route) since I was getting hypoglycemic.

The heartwarming coincidence is I hiked Aspen Highlands at the Gathering two years ago to remember Doug (one of his favorite places), and MattSmith was up there waiting for me too.

Still in Niseko taking a 4 day Canadian avalanche level 2 course with an awesome female New Zealand/Canadian ski patroller-turned-guide, but my ♥️ is in Utah with you all.
[/QUOTE]

Great poste Jenny. Hope to ski with you next Gathering. Get ready for Big Sky.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_2548.JPG
A few Renouns shpwed up. I am sure @Cyrus Schenck is smiling
IMG_2549.JPG
Hexcels in a 185cm w/ Salomon 222..demos..I think the Scott Poles were about a 140cm in length
IMG_2551.JPG
@Gary Stolt @jimmy @SKI-3PO @CharlieM the technology backbone of Pugski at the ski house
IMG_2552.JPG
Setting up the DPS demo
IMG_2556.JPG
Pugs not Drugs awesome socks.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Great report, @mdf! Sounds like you skied with Marc Guido’s crew. I finally met him two years ago after knowing him by reputation for years from another local. Marc sure knows his way around and I always end up skiing something new at Alta with him.
I'd have loved to have met Marc Guido. I read his nationwide text only ski reports from a forum in the early days of Usenet. (25yrs ago) !
He was based at a small ski area in upstate New York at that time.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd have loved to have met Marc Guido. I read his nationwide text only ski reports from a forum in the early days of Usenet. (25yrs ago) !
He was based at a small ski area in upstate New York at that time.

I think he ski patrolled in New England, perhaps VT, before moving to UT.

I’ll let him know, he’ll be tickled to hear of a fan from years ago who still remembers him.

Sponsor

Staff online