• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

CharlieM

Booting up
Skier
Many thanks to Phil and Trica for all their hard work organizing the Gathering. Thanks also for all the folks that made me feel welcomed as part of the Pugski family. This was my 1st gathering and I really enjoyed it. Hope to see everyone in Big Sky next year.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I better start packing -- late flight out tonight -- or I won't get on the hill at all today. I really hate packing.

We (Matchstix and me) got a half-day in at Solitude with @cosmoliu and his (now our) friends Jeff and Ann. Pretty nice being able to clean up and repack after skiing. Thanks!

As for the flight home -- a two-and-a-half hour delay on a flight that is supposed to leave at midnight is pretty brutal. After getting home, I turned on my work computer about noon time to find a flurry of urgent activity from while I was gone. Way to harsh my mellow, guys :nono::nono::nono:

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
a two-and-a-half hour delay on a flight that is supposed to leave at midnight is pretty brutal

Ouch.

My car was dead when I got in. I'd left the dome light on a week earlier. Doh!

Other than that, no issues. Sat with @MaryG on the plane, which she probably doesn't think was such a boon, since I promptly fell asleep (and probably snored). Sorry, Mary!

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
It sucks to be "back to reality"...
Here are a few pics from the week. Didn't take many because I was too busy having fun.

The line waiting for Ballroom to open. I see @MattSmith in there. Anyone else in this line?
IMG_6830.JPG

@aveski (Avram) and @cometjo ? (Danny from Ottawa)
IMG_6832.JPG

@Needham and @Tony S in the Supreme area.
IMG_6936.JPG
Our first run after lunch was a very steep and narrow chute-like run. I was probably the most afraid I was all week, negotiating the first few turns in there....Thanks for cheering me on guys! ...I really need to learn how to do jump turns (is that what they are called?)...Sorry, no pics of the "scary" section....

The rest of that day was awesome. We hit Supreme Bowl a couple times and explored Catherine's area. Our group grew to include @gski and @Dean:

IMG_6951.JPG

@Tony S showing us how to ski bumps:
IMG_7022.JPG
IMG_7032.JPG
IMG_7045.JPG

Until next time!

Attachments

• IMG_6961.JPG
    IMG_6961.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 2

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
The heartwarming coincidence is I hiked Aspen Highlands at the Gathering two years ago to remember Doug (one of his favorite places), and MattSmith was up there waiting for me too.

...and now it is one of my favorite places too. I will always remember that day with love in my heart. The high mountains and our ability to climb and play in their majesty evokes emotion that words don't due justice.

@Rainbow Jenny - we missed you. Here's to memories of Aspen's 2016 Gathering when I first met all you good people.
20160207_122424.jpg

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ouch.

My car was dead when I got in. I'd left the dome light on a week earlier. Doh!

Other than that, no issues. Sat with @MaryG on the plane, which she probably doesn't think was such a boon, since I promptly fell asleep (and probably snored). Sorry, Mary!

I dropped by during the flight to ask ya a question, and you were sleeping upright with mouth agape. Should have taken a blackmail picture.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So @MaryG didn’t sit next to you? Guess that early check in fee was worth it.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The line waiting for Ballroom to open. I see @MattSmith in there. Anyone else in this line?
While we were eating lunch @Needham talked to a patroler and discovered Ballroom had opened. I texted @Matchstix to tell him and he told me @Vince had already taken them there.

We rushed up there, but by the time we got there it was all tracked up. Still nice, though.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
While we were eating lunch @Needham talked to a patroler and discovered Ballroom had opened. I texted @Matchstix to tell him and he told me @Vince had already taken them there.

We rushed up there, but by the time we got there it was all tracked up. Still nice, though.

The Colorado Crew got in on that action. ‘Twas sweet.

4AD7A054-67C2-4D4D-9271-20850ED01017.jpeg 4C064113-4359-4A6D-83CA-66C25D4D2567.jpeg D19C84A2-E1DA-41EB-A76A-26B70ED246D9.jpeg

Last edited:

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sitting in the Denver airport waiting on my transfer to Cleveland. Had a great week, but no freshies for me as I arrived Tuesday after you all tracked up the powder.

I hooked up with a few Pugskiers and finally met Phill and Trish. Somehow I was next to them in the group photo at our après ski party. Nice folks. It is always nice to meet and ski with new friends. I will post pics later.

Boarding in 15.

Rick G

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
At Alta the bottom of the Supreme and Sugarloaf lifts are close together. We were meeting someone, but I wasn't sure at which chair. So I''m cruising into Supreme, looking around, when I suddenly realized I was about to ski into a double rope from the lift maze out to a "slow" sign. So I dropped to the ground and slid under the lower strand, about 18 inches off the groud, like sliding into home. It was very stupid to need to do it, but actually kind of fun.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
At Alta the bottom of the Supreme and Sugarloaf lifts are close together. We were meeting someone, but I wasn't sure at which chair. So I''m cruising into Supreme, looking around, when I suddenly realized I was about to ski into a double rope from the lift maze out to a "slow" sign. So I dropped to the ground and slid under the lower strand, about 18 inches off the groud, like sliding into home. It was very stupid to need to do it, but actually kind of fun.

You'll have to show me that trick the next time we ski together. It's yet another ski trick I've hailed to master.

Edit to add i wrote this before I saw SKI3POs response:)

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You'll have to show me that trick the next time we ski together. It's yet another ski trick I've hailed to master.

Edit to add i wrote this before I saw SKI3POs response:)

Keep your edges parallel to, and off, the ground. Slide on your hip.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Like this?

Sliding skier.jpg

Next question. What type of structure and wax do we need for the hip? Would Crisco do?

Sponsor

Staff online