• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 2018 Custom Made Praxis Freeride Skis 174cm FLAT

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sorry that your whole situation sucks.
Too bad you couldn't get someone on the phone at Paypal, ask them to put you on hold, and have them shout across their sea of cubicles: "Hey, is anyone here a skier ???" … and have that person deal with your claim. This bureaucratic run-around just makes you want to open another bottle of wine or whiskey to numb the pain.

I once had a nightmare claim with a fictitious car-rental damage claim, and also a nightmare travel claim. It consumes hours/days out of one's life, and for me, not worth the emotional toll to get what any sane person would think was the correct/just outcome. They just beat you down to submit in the end anyway.

In the case of Paypal, it is shameful of them. The percentages they charge is there to protect both the buyer AND the seller. Other than that, their money-handling services are of no value IMO. In Canada, many of us pay each other with Interac e-transfers. Zero fees, but no protection. But I do lot of deals on my golf forum with guys I "online know" for a long time, so no worries at all. Even on our national Buy & Sell site "Kijiji" ( owned by eBay BTW ) I will only accept cash or e-Transfer, never Paypal, and I have done tons of deals with complete strangers.
Hopefully the end of your ordeal is near, a sincere Good Luck that it is :cocktail:

Thank you for this. That said I can't think about it too much because it really irritates me. Life is too short. I'm about to throw a pair of demo bindings on these skis and say F it all. Trying one last attempt at paypal because their practices are bogus and calling them out on twitter and Facebook seemed to get their attention. I try not to use alcohol as a crutch BUT it really irks me how someone can do this. That said I must hope for karma and do what I can to move on. I'd be lying if i said I didn't hope the jackass who screwed didn't meet his karma maker. I really appreciate your comment. Thank you. :beercheer:

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Alright Praxis skis and Meier Wild Bill skis are currently in the hospital for the binding'dectomy. Demo bindings coming off Wild Bills, holes being filled in and the Attack 13 demos are being put on the Praxis skis. I may turn the Wild Bills into a touring ski or I'll just slap some attack 13 bindings on them as I skied them yesterday and I love them so much. Rodger said my praxis skis have fine edges and the bases are ready to roll so no tune needed. They'll be ready for pickup this weekend. Not sure when I'll take them out as I want a softer snow day but I'm very curious to see how I like them. Michael may try them too.

Last edited:
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Skied em and love these things. Took a few turns to get them dialed in as they are a little slower to turn at 103 underfoot but OMG. Nimble and fun. Today's conditions were crusty soft snow that was firmish. They didn't kick out on me once. They are awesome. Can't wait to truly get them in soft snow. I'm keeping them.

Last edited:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I changed to Sold, even though they weren't, but we don't have a "Not for sale" prefix. :)

Enjoy the skis.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I changed to Sold, even though they weren't, but we don't have a "Not for sale" prefix. :)

Enjoy the skis.

Ha ha THANK YOU. These were fun in crusty firmish snow so they are going to be a blast on true spring snow. Could be the ultimate spring vehicle. May keep them for awhile.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Ha ha THANK YOU. These were fun in crusty firmish snow so they are going to be a blast on true spring snow. Could be the ultimate spring vehicle. May keep them for awhile.
I am happy for you after all the issues that you had with them.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I am happy for you after all the issues that you had with them.

Thank you. They guy who screwed me on these said they were terrible on hardpack and didn't hold an edge and were made for a kid or a light person. I'm not a kid nor am I light and these skis were a blast. I sooooo wanted to like them and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised as to how they handled the crusty strange snow. They never kicked out from underneath me, held an edge and were just FUN. I'm so happy.

Last edited:

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great top sheet with the Octopus over wood grain.
The Attack demo will let you fool around with mount point and/or make it easy to lend out to friends to test drive.
Glad you are happy in the end, I'll toast to that ! :beercheer:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Thank you. They guy who screwed me on these said they were terrible on hardpack and didn't hold an edge and were made for a kid or a light person. I'm not a kid nor am I light and these skis were a blast. I sooooo wanted to like them and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised as to how they handled the crusty strange snow. They never kicked out from underneath me, held an edge and were just FUN. I'm so happy.
After your review it clearly tell me that the guy didn't have the capability of appreciating the skis versatility.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After your review it clearly tell me that the guy didn't have the capability of appreciating the skis versatility.

I see it this way....you wouldn’t have skied them had this unfortunate event not happened.....so.....the Universe wanted you to keep them!

That shape is a fun shape. Looking at your other skis, none of them have this shape. It’s fun to own stuff with different geometries and to learn how they ski.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I see it this way....you wouldn’t have skied them had this unfortunate event not happened.....so.....the Universe wanted you to keep them!

That shape is a fun shape. Looking at your other skis, none of them have this shape. It’s fun to own stuff with different geometries and to learn how they ski.

I agree and believe I was destined to keep these things. I was very impressed with how they handled the conditions at bromley on saturday which were a mixture of soft snow, crusted over firmish snow and base ice and they didn't kick out on me, didn't make me nervous once I realized they were stable and they were an absolute pleasure to ski. I can't wait to ski them in their intended condition which is powder/spring slushy/mashed potato snow. I'm going to have an absolute blast on them.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
These are for sale again.

They are fine, I can ski them but they are a bit fat and a little work to ski at 106 underfoot for my liking.

They have attack 13 demo bindings on them.

I will consider all offers.

Please mark for sale again.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sending out feelers to some friends with teenage kids....they need to go to someone who can ski them....too nice to be sitting idle. Selling flat? or with Attacks?

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have been a seller on Ebay. Their nick name is now Feebay due to the ever increasing fees they charge their sellers. They also changed their feedback policies a few years ago because sellers were holding buyers feedback hostage until they left positive feedback for the seller. If the buyer left less than positive the seller would leave a negatiive for the buyer even though they paid quick with no drama. The feedback policy was changed so that a seller cannot leave a negative for a buyer even if the buyer is wrong. A buyer can leave a negative for a seller even if it is incorrect and the seller can do nothing about it. A buyer can do a return for any reason and the seller has to accept it. This is so the buyer experience is better Ebay says. I have bought and sold skis on Ebay with no real drama and will continue as the market is so big. I am aware of the major amount of possible screwage and will deal with it if it happens to me. I also would be very P-off if what happened to you happened to me. You got a raw deal even by Feebay standards. It takes all kinds of people to make a world and not all good. This can happen anywhere. I just did a purchase here off of the garage sale forum of a Toko Wax Box and have heard nothing from the seller who was supposed to send me a tracking number that day. Now over a week ago. I paid Paypal with my Visa. He will not respond to PMs or on the thread. I will give it a couple more days and then try to get my money back if he does not come through. I paid Paypal friends and family so he would not incur a fee.

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sending out feelers to some friends with teenage kids....they need to go to someone who can ski them....too nice to be sitting idle. Selling flat? or with Attacks?

They still have “Sold” marked on them.....@Dwight needs to be informed so he can make the change.

Good luck!

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just worked out a trade for a more suitable pair of skis for me in a more desirable width. I am excited Praxis skis are still considered sold and I won't be reposting them.

Sponsor

Staff online