• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 2018 Custom Made Praxis Freeride Skis 174cm FLAT

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for all the info @jmeb ...at the stage of skiing I’m at, I think I need a narrower ski to help me strengthen technique, etc...and I’m really not certain what types of snow I’ll be on this season.
.....although these do sound fun, especially if I lived in a place where I could ski good snow and vertical everyday!;)

I’ll look into if the demo. I’ll be in Tahoe soonish.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks for all the info @jmeb ...at the stage of skiing I’m at, I think I need a narrower ski to help me strengthen technique, etc...and I’m really not certain what types of snow I’ll be on this season.
.....although these do sound fun, especially if I lived in a place where I could ski good snow and vertical everyday!;)

I’ll look into if the demo. I’ll be in Tahoe soonish.
The length is good and I don't think you'd regret having the 106 waist in your quiver. Only IMO, #4 flex is too stiff for you for this class of ski, me too or I'd have made an offer.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
The buyer on ebay screwed me on these so they are once again in my possession. He mounted my brand new praxis skis and skied them once, said they didn't like them and that I misrepresented them since they are for a kid or a lighter woman. I refused his refund and ebay ruled in my favor. He tried again through paypal, sent me the skis back and I refuted this because they were now damaged and could now no longer be sold as brand new. Paypal again ruled in his favor. I'm done selling skis on ebay because this is bogus.

Anyway, these skis are now available with a 1 binding drill.

I may keep them and ski them.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A DEMO PAIR OF BINDINGS 100mm to 110 that I can take off your hands. Please email me.

Thank you.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you want these back For Sale and a new price?

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Do you want these back For Sale and a new price?

I'm pretty upset right now. I've filed claims with ebay and reported the buyer as unethical and am trying to appeal.

Part of me wants to just get bindings and ski them, the other part of me wants to try to recoup money because my paypal account is now negative the purchase price.

At this point I guess I'll consider offers. Mounted once and skied 1 run.

On the flip side if anyone has any demo bindings that would work with these skis, I'll consider that too. Did you remove your link for those look bindings. I saw the email but didn't see post here.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I'm pretty upset right now. I've filed claims with ebay and reported the buyer as unethical and am trying to appeal.

Part of me wants to just get bindings and ski them, the other part of me wants to try to recoup money because my paypal account is now negative the purchase price.

At this point I guess I'll consider offers. Mounted once and skied 1 run.

On the flip side if anyone has any demo bindings that would work with these skis, I'll consider that too. Did you remove your link for those look bindings. I saw the email but didn't see post here.
Do you have any idea what binding that the ski was drilled for and maybe what BSL was used for the mount? It may help with remounting or trying to sell them.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Do you have any idea what binding that the ski was drilled for and maybe what BSL was used for the mount? It may help with remounting or trying to sell them.

No idea. I would have to send the expletive an email to ask these questions and i'm afraid I can't trust what I may type.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

No idea. I would have to send the expletive an email to ask these questions and i'm afraid I can't trust what I may type.
Post a picture, I am sure one of the many binding detectives here can figure it out, then measure the closest toe and heel holes and we can get you the BSL.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Post a picture, I am sure one of the many binding detectives here can figure it out, then measure the closest toe and heel holes and we can get you the BSL.

Thank you :(. Thank you binding detectives. Will measure later when I get home and update post.

20190207_175148.jpg 20190207_174939.jpg 20190207_175158.jpg 20190207_175159.jpg 20190207_175153.jpg

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Sorry to hear about sleazy ebay buyer. Mounted, skied, demounted, returned. If Home Depot sold skis this is what people would do. They do it to Rei, go hike for a week or two, then return the shoes.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sorry to hear about sleazy ebay buyer. Mounted, skied, demounted, returned. If Home Depot sold skis this is what people would do. They do it to Rei, go hike for a week or two, then return the shoes.

Thanks. Some people suck. You are so right with the home depot and REI comment. I just can't believe he had the gall to mount bindings on brand new skis and say 3 different things to get his money back. I wish for karma to bite him somewhere.

Jtlange

Getting off the lift
Skier
Looks like it could be an Salomon STH to me. Also, Ive heard of my fair share of crappy Ebay stories, but this one takes the cake.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lpDx4-8PF44Pc08HHNyYY6Gg2a3Dd245?usp=sharing

Check out this google drive. Print out a few of the mounting templates and line up the toe holes and see what matches. That is probably the easiest way to figure out what the dude mounted. Let us know what it is. Someone might be able to hook you up with a cheaper binding...

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@Jtlange thanks for that link.

@surfsnowgirl, looks like it could be the sth too.

Sucks that he won the refund.

Thanks everyone. Yeah it sucks. He lost with ebay but won with paypal. He claimed to paypal that item received wasn't item in listing and not as described. I proved this to be untrue but paypal sided with buyer. They even told me that if buyer altered/modified item that I could turn this around. I sent photos of the skis with the binding holes drilled in them and it still didn't matter. When the buyer makes a claim that item doesn't match what he thought he was paying paypal offers no seller protections. I'm pissed that they made me go through all the song and dance of proving my case if this is their policy. Paypal also told me that if the buyer filed a claim with his financial institution instead of them that he'd get his refund and wouldn't have to send the skis back so at least with the paypal way I have the product back. Paypal has closed the matter and gave me the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center website and suggested I take the matter up with them.

Does anyone have any bindings laying around they aren't using. Might as well ski these things....

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
That would have been my next post. We have a treasure of information here might as well help each other.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The buyer on ebay screwed me on these so they are once again in my possession. He mounted my brand new praxis skis and skied them once, said they didn't like them and that I misrepresented them since they are for a kid or a lighter woman. I refused his refund and ebay ruled in my favor. He tried again through paypal, sent me the skis back and I refuted this because they were now damaged and could now no longer be sold as brand new. Paypal again ruled in his favor. I'm done selling skis on ebay because this is bogus.
-
:eek:

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you :(. Thank you binding detectives. Will measure later when I get home and update post.

View attachment 65097 View attachment 65099 View attachment 65100 View attachment 65101 View attachment 65102

I don’t want to be a jerk here...and disagree with other suggestions, but I believe that is a Marker “Royal Family” mounting pattern.

The toes are the classic 4 hole pattern of the Marker Squire/Griffon/Jester.....and that looks to be the 4 hole pattern of the Marker heel “plate”.

Just throwing that out there......lol....

Sponsor