• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 2018 Custom Made Praxis Freeride Skis 174cm FLAT

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I don’t want to be a jerk here...and disagree with other suggestions, but I believe that is a Marker “Royal Family” mounting pattern.

The toes are the classic 4 hole pattern of the Marker Squire/Griffon/Jester.....and that looks to be the 4 hole pattern of the Marker heel “plate”.

Just throwing that out there......lol....

I'm going to have to email this fool aren't I? Sigh.......

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Thanks everyone. Yeah it sucks. He lost with ebay but won with paypal. He claimed to paypal that item received wasn't item in listing and not as described. I proved this to be untrue but paypal sided with buyer. They even told me that if buyer altered/modified item that I could turn this around. I sent photos of the skis with the binding holes drilled in them and it still didn't matter. When the buyer makes a claim that item doesn't match what he thought he was paying paypal offers no seller protections. I'm pissed that they made me go through all the song and dance of proving my case if this is their policy. Paypal also told me that if the buyer filed a claim with his financial institution instead of them that he'd get his refund and wouldn't have to send the skis back so at least with the paypal way I have the product back. Paypal has closed the matter and gave me the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center website and suggested I take the matter up with them.

Does anyone have any bindings laying around they aren't using. Might as well ski these things....
You do have the shipping address is there a way to post on eBay what a dirt bag this person is or maybe on PayPal or Facebook. You could also let all of us know not to do business with person.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
You do have the shipping address is there a way to post on eBay what a dirt bag this person is or maybe on PayPal or Facebook. You could also let all of us know not to do business with person.

I was trying to aim high but i'm so pissed that I feel everyone needs to know about this person so that he can't screw someone else. On my way to Vermont now. This will be my weekend project.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm going to have to email this fool aren't I? Sigh.......

IMHO...What bindings he mounted really doesn’t matter now.....can’t really sell them as BNIP anymore. (That’s where EBay/PayPal are dropping the ball)

If you end up keeping, just plug em’ and it’s a brand new ski......put some Attacks on them you’ll never know...out of sight, out of mind.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
IMHO...What bindings he mounted really doesn’t matter now.....can’t really sell them as BNIP anymore. (That’s where EBay/PayPal are dropping the ball)

If you end up keeping, just plug em’ and it’s a brand new ski......put some Attacks on them you’ll never know...out of sight, out of mind.

No offense, but no. Plugging them does not make a brand new ski. The closest you could get would be plugging with 4.0mm hardwood dowels and epoxy. Then you could drill pretty freely as if they were new. But you still have unsightly holes on what were handmade, veneer skis.

Plugging with regular plastic plugs still means future buyers have to work around the existing mount pattern to give reasonable space to previous drills to prevent pull outs. I'ts common to say skis can be mounted 3 times: but that is a misnomer. That is only true if the 3 mounts (BSL, center point, and binding pattern) happen to work.

@surfsnowgirl -- this super sucks. I hope you get to ski them, but I also hope whatever person scammed you never gets to ski anything but breakable crust the rest of their life.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No offense, but no. Plugging them does not make a brand new ski. The closest you could get would be plugging with 4.0mm hardwood dowels and epoxy. Then you could drill pretty freely as if they were new. But you still have unsightly holes on what were handmade, veneer skis.

Plugging with regular plastic plugs still means future buyers have to work around the existing mount pattern to give reasonable space to previous drills to prevent pull outs. I'ts common to say skis can be mounted 3 times: but that is a misnomer. That is only true if the 3 mounts (BSL, center point, and binding pattern) happen to work.

@surfsnowgirl -- this super sucks. I hope you get to ski them, but I also hope whatever person scammed you never gets to ski anything but breakable crust the rest of their life.

Sorry...my sarcasm was too literal. (I know it’s not a “brand new” ski....lol)

I was trying to make her feel better. Once plugged...new bindings on that might probably cover plugs....”she might forget this incident ever happened”....

Yes, it sucks..especially to such a beautiful ski......

Uncle-A

Skier

Using the same binding may allow @surfsnowgirl to not have to drill additional holes, that way a potential buyer will have a better feeling about the purchase. History has shown me that it is easier to sell a ski with a binding mounted and only one set of holes. It is also possible that a buyer could have the same BSL as the original mount.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Here is SSG's eBay listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/Praxis-Fre...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Notice, unlike the listing here, she doesn't mention custom, does include here and in the listing: "The Standard Edition Freeride is offered in a #4 flex with a maple ash core and carbon fiber layup."
Implication being the skis for sale are a #4 flex. Now, IMO, unless SSG was being elusive about the ski being "custom" and not in a std ed #4 flex and the buyer got confirmation from Praxis based on the ski's serial # that the ski is a #1 flex and not #4 flex, PayPal should be held liable for refunding SSG the full retail value replacement of her new and undrilled, unused ski!
*Skier’s weight is also a big factor in determining the ideal ski flex. Here is a general guideline for skier weight and flex options.

#1 Flex – Under 125lbs #2 Flex – 75-175lbs #3 Flex – 125lbs – 225lbs

#4 Flex – 150 lbs – 250 lbs #5 Flex – 150 lbs and up

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Damn, that sucks. Sorry, @surfsnowgirl . I guess when you sell a lot, you’re bound to run into a couple a$$hats that abuse the system. Hope your appeal goes through.

I don’t want to be a jerk here...and disagree with other suggestions, but I believe that is a Marker “Royal Family” mounting pattern.

The toes are the classic 4 hole pattern of the Marker Squire/Griffon/Jester.....and that looks to be the 4 hole pattern of the Marker heel “plate”.

I’ll x2 this thought...I just mounted a pair of Griffon’s last night...the hole pattern looks exactly the same.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

I tried but not allowed. I will find other avenues to let the world know about him. If anyone wants to know the details, shoot me a PM.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Damn, that sucks. Sorry, @surfsnowgirl . I guess when you sell a lot, you’re bound to run into a couple a$$hats that abuse the system. Hope your appeal goes through.

I’ll x2 this thought...I just mounted a pair of Griffon’s last night...the hole pattern looks exactly the same.

I guess I've been lucky as I've never had huge issues. One time I had a buyer who wasn't happy with the skis so I took them back but they were demo skis and not perfect. I worked with him and it was fine. This tool ruined a pair of brand new skis and then tried every tactic in the book to get his way. I guess this is my payback for never having big issues before. I'm done selling skis on ebay that's for sure. Appeal is over paypal has a policy if the buyer claims item isn't as described then it's all the favor of the buyer. Extremely unfair and if I had the time and money I'd take them all to court. In the meantime all I can do is hope for karma to take care of him.

Last edited:
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Here is SSG's eBay listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/Praxis-Freeride-skis-174cm-BRAND-NEW-/254050383487?hash=item3b2695367f:g:Q2cAAOSwTDpcGntP&nma=true&si=GGP2eFwOYxHs2%2BYD5vO51xg7Sgs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Notice, unlike the listing here, she doesn't mention custom, does include here and in the listing: "The Standard Edition Freeride is offered in a #4 flex with a maple ash core and carbon fiber layup."
Implication being the skis for sale are a #4 flex. Now, IMO, unless SSG was being elusive about the ski being "custom" and not in a std ed #4 flex and the buyer got confirmation from Praxis based on the ski's serial # that the ski is a #1 flex and not #4 flex, PayPal should be held liable for refunding SSG the full retail value replacement of her new and undrilled, unused ski!
*Skier’s weight is also a big factor in determining the ideal ski flex. Here is a general guideline for skier weight and flex options.

#1 Flex – Under 125lbs #2 Flex – 75-175lbs #3 Flex – 125lbs – 225lbs

#4 Flex – 150 lbs – 250 lbs #5 Flex – 150 lbs and up

I was very honest about their custom status as the buyer emailed me before he made an offer. I mentioned in the listing and to him that the flex was 4 out of 5 so there was never a question about the stiffness of the ski. He also already had a pair of praxis skis. He simply mounted these, skied them 1x and said they didn't carve well and he didn't like them. What cahones to mount bindings on brand new skis and claim this.

Unfortunately paypal offers no seller protection in the scenario when the buyer says item wasn't as described, bam it's in buyer's favor. I think the buyer knew this because he claimed this with paypal but didn't use those words with ebay. Scammer. I hope he pays for his somehow, someway.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Get some Attacks and ski them. :)

That's what I'm in the process of doing. I'm getting some attack non demo bindings and swapping them with the attack demos on my Meier Wild Bill skis. This way the Praxis skis will have demo bindings on them so should I decide to sell them, again... a remount won't be necessary.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That guy was a jerk, to say it lightly. I saw your EBay listing and your description of the skis was very clear. The skis “didn’t carve well?” What? They are free ride skis, not carving skis.

Good to know about the PayPal (stupid, unfair) policy. It has been awhile since I have sold on EBay.....now I know not to make that attempt.

The demo binding solution is a good one.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Paypal has closed the matter and gave me the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center website and suggested I take the matter up with them.

Is PayPal just dropping the ball? I mean, why would they suggest this? Or just their standard BS response when they deny a claim?

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Paypal has closed the matter and gave me the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center website and suggested I take the matter up with them.

Is PayPal just dropping the ball? I mean, why would they suggest this? Or just their standard BS response when they deny a claim?

Hard to say. I think their policies don't protect the seller at all when the buyer makes the "the item I got wasn't what the seller represented claim" so perhaps this is their way of helping me??? I don't know. They only coughed up this information after I started to make a stink threatening to sue everyone who layed a hand on this case.

Uncle-A

Skier

The decision was made by a bureaucrat not a product subject matter expert. If anyone at PayPal knows about skis they would know once a ski is drilled it's value is reduced and can not be sold as new. Shame on them for not researching the issue but it just shows they are only a financial company not a customer friendly company. Because in the financial transaction both sides are their customers not only the payer. I think I would post it all over, Facebook and any other forum and see if when you use the name PayPal if it doesn't get their attention. They may have customer service monitor the internet to just to see what the public things about them.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
Hard to say. I think their policies don't protect the seller at all when the buyer makes the "the item I got wasn't what the seller represented claim" so perhaps this is their way of helping me??? I don't know. They only coughed up this information after I started to make a stink threatening to sue everyone who layed a hand on this case.
Could you tell PayPal he returned them damaged and the holes in the ski would be the proof?

Sponsor

Staff online